Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs

Go down 
+3
fedchick95
cougie
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sbornheimer

Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Oh my   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Hope those muscles are feeling better.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:46 am

cougie wrote:

OWN IT.

LOL!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Recovery Update!   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:50 am

Hi! Update.

First, I always feel guilty for not coming here to talk with you, but with SO much time on Facebook.. well.. you know!

Tuesday the 20th. PT Session. Rick digs his elbow deep into my glutes. It hurts so much I just start going - OW OW OW Rick no, I can't! I can't! He keeps his elbow exactly where it is and says: bluntly

OWN IT.

I was stunned. It hurt SOOO BAD I cannot even tell you. I started laughing instead of crying and he started laughing too. Finally, the muscle gave and the pain subsided. The entire room of PTs and patients heard and saw it. (it's a beautiful room, maybe 12 tables, lots of equipment). It was pretty funny. I made jokes the rest of the time that a session with Rick is like childbirth - you forget the pain so you're willing to do it again.

PT sessions were great on Tuesday and Thursday! For the first time, my hips seem to be holding open, he did not have to dig his elbow into my ass on Thursday, we worked on my deep hip flexors, and I was cleared to WOD LIGHTLY. Bodyweight, no loaded squats, no situps.

On Thursday I went to Lauriel's and Jenn's. That is a different story I don't really want to cheapen in "workout logs" but it was a very intense day for Lauriel. It was a GOOD day!

Jenn and I Wodded. I will post it when I get my book out.

Apparently, when my body is doing what it's supposed to, my legs will be stronger than ever. Now I can start talking some serious shit, girls! LOL

Muah.

Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: walking   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:18 pm

stretching, resting?
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:34 pm

The week will be over with before you know it...it's for the greater good anyway. You can whine about how much you miss CF to the FB crowd. tongue

I'm teasing, of course. I know you just got back to doing stuff after Kneezilla and this has to be frustrating. I took 2 months off CF this fall and it was not easy. ::hugs:: cheers
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: A week of recovery   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:20 am

My PT, Rick Little, who is the best PT I have visited, said this:

My hip flexors have been so dominant for so long, they are almost locked in a forward pulling position. My glutes have been doing all the work. This explains why it's so difficult to get full extension on lifts and why I have been in really serious pain - hips glutes and hammies.

It also explains why I have a hard time lifting heavy from the floor without pulling my butt up first.

Fact. Muscles are not firing!

Treatment: Active Recovery. For a week. Do not squat. Do not load. Stretch the hips like my life depends on it. Stretch the glutes and hammies. Try to give them some time to get used to a healthy position.

At my visit, he dug his elbow into my left glute. It was so painful I cried out - RICK I CAN'T I CAN'T STOP!

He said "OWN IT!" and kept his elbow in place until the damned thing loosened up. I almost cried but laughed instead.

So did everyone else in the room.

albino
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:16 am

S.. I did those workouts right before my PT told me to take a week off.

This week: stretching. walking. stretching. walking. and dialing in the nutrition, BAM.

Thanks for noticing!

Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Wait a minute   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Aren't you supposed to be stretching those hips and relaxing those hammies?

Come on now, don't overdo. I heard Kelly Rippa of Regis and Kelly was on crutches for a month because she overdid her exercise routine and wouldn't rest.

Yoga, E and if not that pilates. Pilates will stretch your ass out!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Big fat RAWR!

Monday, Berkeley CA

Strength - Front Squat

4 rounds of 5

Ended on 125. Did four reps the last two rounds, failed on the fifth.

WOD
4 rounds of:
15 ball slams 14#
15 one handed dumbbell cleans each hand at 25#
then either rope climb, prowler push, run w 35# sandbag or um.. um.. what?

anyway, it was fun.

Tuesday Travel Day

Wed. CrossFit Full Strength
2 rounds
20 OHS @85
75 situps
100 doubleunders

16:11

my first round was 6:02. DAMN DOUBLEUNDERS!

Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Rawr   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:27 am

Really glad to see that RAWR!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Tues April 12   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:45 am

CrossFit Magna

Warmup - Tabata Doubleunders.

OK! I did frikkin 30 in a row. FIRST TIME! Ha ha.. better late than never but it was pretty cool. Then, I did like.. 8.. ha ha ha.

Strength
3 x 5 Shoulder Press @70, 80, 90 percent.

I calculated my 1rm at 90# and failed on the third rep of the final round, twice. But.. it was GOOD!

WOD

3 rounds, 1 min rest between rounds

1 minute wall balls @14 pounds
1 minute situps
1 minute box jumps (i did step ups)
1 minute hspu ( i did handstand hold - 1 rep for every 5 second hold)
1 minute burpees.

FUN

109 + 45sec Handstand hold
100+ 45 sec Handstand hold
??? + 45 second handstand hold.

It's hard for me to scale with stepups and compare my scores to everyone who does box jumps. Stepups are the same work in that you get your body up and down, but box jumps push your cardio so much harder.

Anyway... RAWR!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 am

I'm going to see Lauriel this morning and am so happy I will see her at CrossFit Phoenix instead of lying in bed. She wont be working out but still.. I'm really excited.

Stay tuned folks. I want to talk with her about it and see what she wants to do, but I bought "powerwithgrace.org" and am sure we will set up a crossfit SOMETHING.. for lauriel.

In the meantime, I just want to love her and let her know we are there with her, fighting that little fucker!!!!
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: :-)   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:29 pm

You're a busy bee, Eileen. I'm glad to hear what you've said about Lauriel, a special someone who deserves prayers and blessings.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:17 pm

cougie wrote:

I forget my time but it was FUN

cheers cheers cheers 4 FUN!

(Especially with the stress of Lauriel's illness and everything. Glad to see she's in good spirits and seems to have all her faculties and gross motor skills in good working order).
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: san francisco - Monday April ?/   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Strength

Front Squat 4 sets 5

115 120 125 4 x 125

WOD

4 rounds ww/one minute rest in between

15 ball slams @14#

15 each hand 25# dumbell clean/jerk or snatch

either: rope climb, prowler push or run with 35# sandbag

I forget my time but it was FUN
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: March 28 - April 8th   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:53 am

March 28

1rm 175#

March 29

21- 15-9
Deadlifts @ 135#
Dips

March 30
Front Squats - 5-5-5
80, 85, 90

WOD
10 FS, 2 Turkish getup
to
1 FS 2 Turkish getup

75# FS 18# KB for the turkish getup

10:18

Saturday - one round and 21 reps for WOD 2. HA

Monday April 4

WOD
10 HSPU - 1 clean @ 65#
to
1 HSPU to 10 clean @65#

forgot my time.

STRENGTH

3 x 5 BACKSQUAT

114, 130, 150

Tues April 5

AMRAP 20 minutes
5 box dips
10 sumo deadlift high pulls @35#
15 situps

20 rounds + 9

PUSH PRESS

20 reps @45 (deload)

April 7
10 100m sprints - OUCH. fell out at 9.5 hammies were shot!

Front Squat!
3 x 5

100 115 125

April 8
5 rounds 15 OHS @65
10 Burpees

11:01

Had trouble getting to parallel and past parallel on squats. HAMMIES
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Saturday April 9   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:46 am

So.. Lauriel had her tumor removed. It's official name is "that little fucker". It wasn't the diagnosis they hoped for but I will let Lauriel or Jenn give the details.

In the meantime, I started this site as a place to consistently post workouts and I have to keep to that. I know I'm not here for discussion but I don't want to let this go.

So.. next post.. WORKOUTS!
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: :-)   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Hope you are okay, my friend, E.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:52 pm

I'll say a prayer for your friend, Eileen.
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:41 pm

I have more workouts to post but have been kind of reeling since Lauriel found out about her tumor.

She is in surgery right now. I'm off to go workout.

Life changes in an instant.
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: running   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Glad to see you're doing that, E. And really well.

You make me feel like there is hope for me.

Woot, woot!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: SQUATS!!!   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:55 am

Monday March 28th

SQUATS!

3-3-3-3 1-1-1-1

Ended on 175# (I think.. it's amazing what i don't remember unless I check)

Then we played with squatting with chains. Fun Stuff!

As far as i remember, my old IRM on a backsquat was 185#. HM. Gotta get everything above 200!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 7:41 am

You'd definitely kick this young'un's ass...I've never run a mile under 8 minutes in my life, pathetic as that is. Even when i played soccer. Smile

Good to see you posting again, E!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:53 am

OK. Did the Open WOD twice - Once at Crossfit Phoenix. 3 Rounds, 30 DU, 12 Snatches.

That was a Wednesday.

Didn't workout til Saturday when i did it again:

4 rounds, 3 doubleunders. I lay in a heap with about 15 seconds left, people screaming at me to get up and do more. My body was like - N.O. Nope. UH-UH. EF YOU. DONE.

So... that was that.

March 23 in Flagstaff
Lots of warmup.. pushed the prowler, rowed.

WOD

Run a mile
100 situps and 100 hip extensions, split them up as you want
Run a mile:

24:02. As far as I could see, I kicked a lot of the youn'ins asses. My strength is bodyweight and running. My first mile was 8:04. I could have done better if I had been running more. (of course)

THEN 3 rounds of PUSH PROWLER 40ft (50# on it), then do 10 Hang Powercleans as fast as you can.

24 seconds
20 seconds
18:22 seconds. WAS FUN!

March 26. (So i had a bunch of days off again)
Crossfit Phoenix
Try for a 1 rep max on Clean and Jerk

VERY frustrating. I haven't consistently practiced any of my lifts since knee surgery almost a year ago. I am struggling with getting up straight, full hip extension.

113#

Then - Push the damn prowler 60 yards, 6 times. First with 50#, then 30#.
YOWZA!! But I loved it.

Sunday - Rest Day. Back at it today.
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: I am a horribly inconsistent ADD or at least "AD" Cougie!   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:47 am

Yes, It's horrible. It takes all kinds of focus for me to even write down my WODs, no less post them. It took getting the "right" bag, the "right" WODbook, and borrowing someone else's pen every day until I finally brought my own.

This is one reason why CrossFit works. The constantly varied thing is perfect for me. Facebooking is perfect... you go, do it while doing other things, no schedule, no commitment.

AGH! I SAID THE C WORD.

So, sorry that I am not here like I want to be and "should" be. I have also taken a lot of rest days lately, schedule issues and just plain - DAMMIT I AM NOT INTO FEELING SO SORE ALL THE TIME issues.

So... now, the workouts. Karin and Sonya and Lauriel.... I am so glad to see the bonding here. This was always intended as one place to post workouts that wasn't dependent on another entity, like facebook or crossfit main site, and it's cool to see friendships bloom as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next