Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How You Do Anything is How You Do Everything.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cynthiaj

cynthiaj

How You Do Anything is How You Do Everything. Empty
PostSubject: Re: How You Do Anything is How You Do Everything.   How You Do Anything is How You Do Everything. EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:50 pm

I love that piece (I posted it on FB as a note!).. There's a book floating around somewhere called "How you do Something is How you do Anything"; I can't for the life of me find it, but I remember being absolutely dumbstruck by that observation, and that was about 12 years ago.
Back to top Go down
cougie

How You Do Anything is How You Do Everything. Empty
PostSubject: How You Do Anything is How You Do Everything.   How You Do Anything is How You Do Everything. EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:42 pm

From CrossFit Flagstaff's Blog, taken from CrossFit Shoreline, who is commenting on the new Reebok One Gym.

LOVE THIS!

Stenciled on the wall of the new CrossFit Reebok One gym is a poignant quote:
“How you do anything, is how you do everything.”

I thought to myself, “Why would this be painted on a gym wall?” I didn’t have to think too long before I came up with an answer. Think about your habits in the gym. I am willing to be that these are your habits in life.

Do you cheat frequently? I bet dishonest practices pervade your daily life.

Do you not put 100% forth in your WODs? I bet you are a slacker in your everyday activities.

Are you unfriendly and inconsiderate to those working out alongside you? I am willing to bet your family and colleagues dread your presence.

Do you contantly try to justify mistakes and error that you make? I bet your friends are tired of your excuses.

Now, the good news is that this rule applies to favorable behaviors in the gym too.

Do you put your blood, sweat, and tears into every WOD? I am sure your work ethic at home and secularly is second to none.

Do you find yourself calling your own bad reps aloud? I’m sure your boss will trust you with the company AMEX.

Do you admit error when you are wrong and prove yourself coachable? I am sure that you learn something new daily.

When a working is just absolutely wrecking you, do you figure out a way to finish it? I bet you have become quite the little problem solver in your everyday tasks.

You see, everything you do in the gym, transfers over to the person you are daily. Your character is defined by the small actions that add up to be YOU at the completion of each day. So, take all of this into consideration the next time you want to chop a couple reps off of a workout, or accept a rep that wasn’t performed at full range of motion~”How you do anything, is how you do everything.”

-Shoreline CrossFit

Posted by Lisa Ray on April 28, 2011 | Permalink
Back to top Go down

How You Do Anything is How You Do Everything.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome. :: The Crapless Workout Logs-
Jump to: