Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Um.... Karin's page? lol

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Woobums: Thanks for the idea with the blister bandages. I should try that sometime...

Eileen: Yeah, we tell ourselves never again but sometimes the damage is done before you really even notice. Something i find impossible to explain is rips to people who don't do CF or anything like it.

Today's WOD: "Dirty 30"

30 squats
30 box jumps (I do stepups. Stupid knees...)
30 situps
30 pullups
30 kbs (44#...did them unbroken. Probably a mistake)
30 burpees
30 thrusters (just the men's bar...i was totally out of breath by the time i got to these. They sucked.)

10:35

In other news, i can do several pullups in a row with no kip now (i can do tons of kipping pullups).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 am

too late E! I saw your hands yesterday!!!

cougie wrote:
Karin.. that's a lot of work. !!! I refuse to tear my hands again unless it's in a competition. Not. Worth. It.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
woobums

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:27 pm

Nice workout.

RE: Blisters/ripping... Along with using bag balm at night (slathered on/slip on glove or sock to cover hand then go to bed), and of course pumice stones, I have found that those cool Band Aid blister cushions (like gummy strips) are wonderful: put them on under tape and they cushion your hands VERY well but don't impact your grip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:05 am

Karin.. that's a lot of work. !!! I refuse to tear my hands again unless it's in a competition. Not. Worth. It.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:56 pm

After being closed for 2 days on account of the storm, H.O.T.Side CrossFit is back up and running.

WOD:

15-12-8 (why not nine?)

Row (Cal.)
Hang Power Snatch (45#...a bit light but i'm not complaining).
Pullups
Ring Pushups
Wallballs (14#)
Pushpress (75#...felt more like 95# after the ring pushups/wallballs. I had to break them up.)

20:09

Also: 150 kbs for time. I went light (35#) but it was still hard on my forearms, especially since i wore gloves for this (i blistered my hands the other day...the skin is still there but it's not really attached to anything and i'd like it to stay on as long as possible so we can skip the open wound thing). Did it as 10 sets of 15.

8:37

Damn, my forearms hurt typing this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:54 pm

The Chicago area got a shit ton of snow last night. The grocery store where i work was closed. I was really surprised by that. Snow day!

AMRAP Snow shoveling/chopping. For the larger areas we worked out a system, i chopped up the snow and Dad took it away with the snowblower. He's 68 and not in the best shape. The smaller paths got shoveled. We got half of it done and then he got tired. I was going to hit some more of it with the BF but my mother hired some kids who rang her doorbell, lol.

Kind of fell off the Paleo wagon today. Didn't have a ton of food on hand...and my mother's house is....NOT conductive to the Paleo thing. Bacon and eggs and blueberries for breakfast...cookies, bananas and cheeseballs for dinner. Peanut butter cup for desert. Yeah. 'Nuff said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:00 am

Thanks, Eileen.

As i'm sure you've heard, much of the country is currently experiencing a massive storm. CrossFit was canceled. They posted a workout that people could do at home if they wanted... a ladder with 1-25 squats and 25-1 sit-ups (or was it the other way around?) I dunno but i can't think of a better way to piss my knees off than 300+ air squats (except maybe 300 JUMPING squats...) so i did pretty much the same thing except instead of squats i alternated kbs and push ups....cuz that'd be an insane number of push ups. (i did all the sit-ups). It took like 20 minutes....but that's not the interesting part.

Rich (my boyfriend) has recently been cut off his unemployment and he's stressed (and as clingy as a 3 year old...). Since he insisted on hanging out with me ALL DAY, i finally just did the workout with him in the living room. And he actually participated...well he at least did some sit ups. He's unable to do push ups (and refuses to modify them...he's very overweight) and he has some irrational fear that my kettlebell is going to defy the laws of physics and fly sideways across the apartment into his television so he won't go near it. But he did some actual sit ups. And ran through the snow with me. Maybe there's hope yet! Makes up for how awkward i feel exercising in front of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Hey that is a SHITLOAD of deadlifts at 155!!!!! great work! it would have totally kicked my cougie ass!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: "Hansen" I didn't say i hated it. Smile I like doing longer metcons once in a while. It's more of a love/hate thing. I think i'm a little bit of a masochist, really. I think that's true of most people who do CF or anything at all similar. I just said that once in a while is enough. The last thing we did that was really long was "The 12 Days of Christmas" The rep scheme was like the song so the last round was 12 of one exercise, 11 of another and so on. Took like 45 minutes. It's different than shorter wods because you really have to find a balance between going too slow and taking forever and going too fast and ending up too exhausted to get anything done at more than a snail's pace...and taking forever. lol. I was perfectly happy to finish that one in 36 minutes and change.

Today was much shorter.
21 deadlifts (155# for me, 225# for the boys, which is pretty comparable as a percentage of bodyweight).
400m row
18 dl
400m row
15 dl
400m row
12 dl
400m row

I am most assuredly NOT a great rower, even when i'm not doing something else that uses my legs...and i don't believe in doing DL as fast as humanly possible... so it took me 16:08. Oh well.

Then i stuck around and worked on my pullups and ring dips and HSPU and climbed the rope a couple of times...because i love climbing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:38 am

Karin, I am such a metcon freak. I LOVE the long ones. Even when they suck. So it's been a challenge for me to get excited about the shorter intense ones.

Now I like them all, but it takes time to push through the things that are hard at first, get used to them, and make friends.

GOOD WORK!!!! farao
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nomorecrap.forumotion.com
robertdorf

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:33 am

Hope the workout at least helped with dealing. Looks tough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:16 am

I dislikek the really long ones too. The hero WODs tend to be long -- it's almost a given. but i hate it when it tells you upfront that it will be long -- like McGhee, which is a 30 minute AMRAP... Really? 30 minutes! OMG...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:12 am

Today we did "Hansen"
5 rnds for time
30 kbs, 30 burpees, 30 ghds.

Took more than half an hour...felt like eternity. One of the more...drawn out?....miserable? CF WODs i've done.
I did the same thing last summer with wallballs instead of burpees. Hard to say which was worse.

I'm glad i finished it and pleased with myself in general...but i wouldn't want to do this kind of workout on a regular basis. CF workouts often have a healthy dose of "suck factor"...but not for half an hour, lol.

Then i went to work and dealt with the one of the biggest beyotches i've ever encountered.

An interesting day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   

Back to top Go down

Um.... Karin's page? lol
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5