Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Um.... Karin's page? lol

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Karin   Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Can you have a PT look at your knees? Something is truly going on. I'm wondering if something is torn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:28 am

Wow. Not good. Seriously. When i wake up repeatedly during the night and have to put ice on my knees to get back to sleep. Not good. It's true maybe i exercised...or worked....more than usual last week. So i can understand if my knees got mad Saturday night. And really pissed Sunday morning. But they've been improving since....until Wednesday morning. I can't handle this burning. Is it because i did a little grocery shopping yesterday or do i have some sort of autoimmune issue they missed with the blood test i had over a year ago? Should i go the cortisone shot route after all? At this point i feel like swearing off exercise or something. I thought i was getting better. I was doing more without too much trouble. This week, i'm on vacation. I know my knees are not happy. I've barely been on my feet for days. And things are terrible. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:50 pm

not a moment too soon. Nasty little flare-up. Wednesday, work 9 hours...till midnight. Thursday, workout early in the morning and take a nice long walk. Friday work, then exercise at night, Saturday, exercise, then work in two different departments. By Saturday night the knees were angry, by Sunday morning...not good. Having gobbled a border-line overose of NSAIDs and some Tylenol, i'm starting to feel better. They haven't been this pissy in a good long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Glad   Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:02 pm

to hear this was fun.

Saw where someone posted Charles Barkley doing the 11.5 WOD. It was nice to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:16 am

20 minute AMRAP

5 power cleans (85#)
10 toes-to-bar
15 wall balls (14#)

8 rnds+pc+5 t2b

This was one of the "open" workouts. Since i'm not trying to compete, i scaled the power cleans (15# lighter) because i knew 100# would become a real struggle, maybe impossible, after a while. And i used a 14# ball, too.
This was fun.

Dan Sullivan, our resident fire-breather, finished 12 rnds and change. He was showing me his hands (surprisingly intact, considering) and i noticed he had a bunch of letters written on them in pen. He said it was a Bible verse. He said people would probably think he was nuts for writing on his hand and he'd be embarrassed. I told him i was glad he has God in his life. flower

Now i promised my knees that after i finish my shift at work today i'm going to let them chill until at least Thursday. I'm on vacation this week. And i can't even begin to guess when was the last time i went even one day without standing at least 4 hours, or working out or both. Possibly that day in mid-December when i spent the whole day throwing up with stomach flu... Cashiering is a lot of fast, repetitive motion for the upper body, too. So it's not only the knees that could use a break. Time to give my body a rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 pm

"Who's Buying the Beer" (and who the funk comes up with these names? lol)

For time:

Row 1000m
25 push-press (35#)
25 pull-ups
25 push-ups
25 kbs (35#)
Row 400m (too rainy and nasty to run)
25 GHDs
25 box jumps step-ups
25 OHS (35#)
25 back extensions
Row 400m

18:36

After tomorrow i have a week off work. Going to take at least most of the week off CF, too and let the knees have a break. They're kinda mad right now (probably because of all the snatches, but maybe Venus is in retrograde or they're mad about the National Debt or God knows what...) I probably shouldn't have done what i did today but....i only have 5 hours on my feet tomorrow. I'll survive. And then i can veg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:04 am

I like a partner with a good attitude. I don't care if they are slower than i am. I only feel bad about that if it bums THEM out.

snatches 3-3-3-3-3-3

65, 75, 85 (failed that one 2 of 3 times. Should have tried 80, but all of the smaller plates were being monopolized...and there was an issue with Matt and i...and there wasn't time), 75,75,75. I'm sure if i practice more i can reliably get 85 overhead (With a snatch. I can do it with a jerk, no problem. I can jerk 95 no problem. Hmm...i really should see what my max is for that soon...). I have trouble getting myself under the bar...it's hard to get myself to bend my knees very far, which is how you snatch bigger weights. I'm sure it's related to the whole knee issue and having gotten in the habit of doing things in the least leg-stressful way possible. Which is usually the wrong way. And i'm working on it.

WOD: 15 min. AMRAP

6 burpees
6 sdhp (55#)
12 deadlifts (snatch grip) (55#)
12 snatches (55#)

5 rounds + burpees, sdhp and DL

Matt fell backwards during the snatch warm-up and hit his head on the rower and was bleeding. I tried to get him to bend down so i could look at it (since he can't see the back of his head) and he started yelling "I'm fucking bleeding. It's just fucking blood!!" I told him there was no need to get abusive. Dan made him apologize and he apologized again later. I understand he was frustrated and in pain and probably a little embarrassed, but it's not necessary to get all nasty. I get enough of that from my customers at work. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: You know   Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:09 pm

You have a really good attitude and Tom is lucky to have partnered with you.
I always worry that my slowness makes me an unattractive partner but I get the WOD done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:57 am

sbornheimer wrote:
getting better?

Yes, i think so. It's been a looong process (since Nov. of 99). I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, but i can't deny things have gradually been getting better since i've been back (after taking almost 2 months off this fall). They're still pissy and still get mad at me but...i actually can't remember the last time they woke me up at night. Smile

WOD: "Hammer"

5 rounds, each for time, with 90 seconds rest rest until your partner is finished (and it's an even minute or half minute on the clock for easy remembering...) I scaled the Rxed 95# to 75#:

5 power cleans
10 front squats
5 push jerks (Dan wouldn't let me do split jerks...)
20 pull-ups (when did every workout start including 100 pull-ups?)

Times for each round: 2:35, 2:31, 2:48, 2:49, 2:35

We did this with partners. Tom was mine. We usually end up partnered up (if there are partners), he and i, because we use the same weights a lot of the time. He's kind of cute in an old-enough-to-be-my-dad sort of way (60). And he seems handle it well that he's often using the same weight as a woman (and one who's a foot shorter than he is, at that.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: knees   Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:17 pm

getting better?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:36 pm

sbornheimer wrote:
That workout looks like hell. Over 100 squats??? Good God up above. :-)

I will say that my box was doing WOD 4 for the games on Thursday. I couldn't go because I had a seminar on that day. When I saw, all of those damn burpees I almost wanted to cry. No joke!

it wasn't so bad. A lot of squats, yes. But since only one person was working at a time it was also a lot of rest. And we only ended up doing like 50 burpees each.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Bucking Furpees...

Actually, i'd rather do burpees than wall balls...or rowing sprints...or heavy squat cleans...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: OMG   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:17 pm

That workout looks like hell. Over 100 squats??? Good God up above. :-)

I will say that my box was doing WOD 4 for the games on Thursday. I couldn't go because I had a seminar on that day. When I saw, all of those damn burpees I almost wanted to cry. No joke!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:05 pm

Everyone is still complaining about their asses and thighs today.

Partner workout:

As a team:

200 push-ups
300 sit-ups
400 squats

One person works at a time.

Stop every 4 minutes and do 10 burpees apiece.

Dierde and i agreed that'd i'd do >50% of the push-ups, she'd do >50% of the squats and we'd more or less split the sit-ups. I still did well over a hundred squats. Probably too many. I did them slowly and carefully but they were starting to bother my right knee. So i was doing them slightly lopsided. Which probably isn't good either. I'll know how much- i've pissed them off tomorrow. I really just want to be "normal".

Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:51 pm

my ass hurts from reading about your lunges!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:48 am

TMI for the day: My ass still hurts from 165 lunges Tuesday night!! Razz

WOD 4/14:

4 rnds for time of:

400m run
(OMG, 42 degrees and partly sunny. PERFECT!) Laughing
10 deadlifts 115# (at least 100 lbs. under my max, but i wasn't gonna complain! Twisted Evil )
10 jumping squats with dumbells
(subbed 44# SDHP with kettlebell...last time i did jumping squats the knees were NOT HAPPY! Sad )
10 pushpress with two 25# kettlbells.

18:36

Running is getting easier. It doesn't seem to piss the knees off particularly (and i'm only talking here about a couple miles a week). Some days the knees are barely an issue. Other times they make it hard to sleep. And, often, it's hard to say what, if anything, is a factor in them being better or worse. I'm gradually getting back to doing almost everything i did before. I still avoid box jumps (and jumping squats), really high volume air squats and...yeah, i think that's pretty much it. And i still can't really rollerblade ( i think it's the twisting aspect in the push) Which is a far cry when for months all i really did was kbs, half-assed sdhp, and core and upper body stuff.

flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: hey   Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:35 pm

I think that it is good advice. Catch closer to the chest, that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Isn't the world supposed to end next year, Eileen? Rolling Eyes

Wall Ball wisdom?

Not really....To me they are terrible. Some people seem to have an easier time with them than others...i don't ever want to do "Karen" again (150 wallballs for time...my first named WOD, more than a year ago...and i did it with an 8 lb. ball back then).

--Use a soft ball so it doesn't hurt when you miss catching it and get smacked in the face (there was a time when we had only one ball under 20 lbs. that wasn't made out of basketball material....there's a lot more equipment now).

--Catch it more at chest level than face level. Easier to catch and easier to throw back up that way.

--Stop as little as possible because it's that much harder to get going again...too easy to just stand there, staring up at the target, lol.

But, no, nothing that will really make it easier. Wall Balls, thrusters, burpees, toes-to-bar...some things are just physically demanding any way you slice it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Wall Balls   Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:28 am

Any words of wisdom for wall balls?

Hard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:02 am

hey, great on the snatches!!!!

and great on the effort. there are times when i go three days or so without working out because life is just like that. of course we have to give ourselves slack.. i mean, the world is not ending!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:24 pm

15 minute AMRAP:

10 Back Extensions
10 wall balls (14#)
10 sit-ups
20 lunges (10 per leg)

8 rounds + b.e., w.b., s.u. and 5 lunges

1 minute rest (more like 2, really, by the time we got people straightened out...) then:

max snatches (hang or from the ground but non-stop)

I used 65# and did 12.

I went to the evening class....missed the morning....it's hard....i got off work at midnight, asleep by 1, breakfast at 5 then back to sleep until 6:15 but i set the alarm wrong, woke at seven and thought it was 9.... woops. So i had to pick between bible study and CF. Fortunately, God is forgiving. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: good attitude   Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:46 pm

As long as i try hard and don't walk i'll cut myself some slack).

I like that, Karin I agree.

Sonya

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:07 pm

4/5 continuing to work on sucking less at jumping rope a little each day. It's really not a natural talent of mine, let's just say... And i climbed the rope a few times, trying to perfect the foot part of it.

WOD: "Abbate" (Must be named after another poor, dead soldier... Crying or Very sad )
I did a scaled version (all the runs were halved).

For time:

800m run (instead of a mile...)
21 clean and jerk (75#)
400m run
21 clean and jerk
800m run

21:43 (between the knee issues, my sucking at running in general and my having done barely any running in a year and a half...i'm not worried if i'm slow. As long as i try hard and don't walk i'll cut myself some slack).

4/7

Five 4-minute AMRAPs with one minute rest between AMRAPs

3 thrusters (55#)
6 ring push-ups (switched to decline after 2 rounds...about 50 of them)
9 toes to bar/ knees to elbows (switched that after 2 or 3 rounds as well but continued to throw a few of the harder ones in)

3 and 2/3, 3 and 2/3, 3, 4, 4 rounds

Lately i've been doing whatever i want and just kind of hoping for the best with the knees. But i have a feeling i'm going to piss them off enough that i'm going to have to back off again. It's not like i'm going to break anything. It just hurts. But i have a new slogan i read somewhere. "Pain is an opinion." Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:07 am

Still working on sucking less at jumping rope. Maybe if i'd been a normal little girl instead of a mud-loving, tree-climbing daredevil tomboy brat...

For Time:
75 Air Squats 50 Pull-ups 20 Ring Dips
50 Air Squats 35 Pull-ups 15 Ring Dips
25 Air Squats 20 Pull-ups 10 Ring Dips

20:21...or 21:20...i can't remember!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: burpees   Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Whenever I see them in a WOD now I wanna cry, boo hoo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   

Back to top Go down

Um.... Karin's page? lol
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next