Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Um.... Karin's page? lol

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:37 am

Definitely getting better at the jumprope. I still suck, but i'm improving. Sometimes i can zip through 30 single unders in a row at a good clip. Pathetic, but less pathetic.

WOD: 20 min AMRAP of:

100m run (out the door, around the corner, down the hall, up the stairs-the basement is racquetball courts with 20 foot ceilings so it's a tall flight of stairs, around the corner, to the door...and back)
5 burpees
5 pull-ups
5 ring push-ups
5 GHD situps

9 rounds + run and burpees

being able to run more opens up whole new worlds of suck again, lol. I hate running.... Razz

Okay, i feel kinda normal now...it's only been like 8 hours. CF Tuesday morning, Wednesday night and back again Thursday morning...not used to that. But it's the only way to do it with my work schedule this week. And then work precludes it until at least Monday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:50 pm

I tried a pair of those on at Walmart...seemed kinda awkward to walk in!

I expected today's WOD, when i saw it on the website, to be horrible. I was relieved to find it was merely terrible, lol. And i was rather amazed that i was only a few minutes slower than the fastest finisher on this...because i suck at running and he's way better at pullups. Maybe everyone else was having an off day. Or maybe i suck less than i thought...

WOD:

"Daniel"

50 pullups
run 400m
21 (55#) thrusters
run 800m
21 thrusters
run 400m
50 pullups

(23:34)

I have a habit when i want to get out of someone's way quickly, of kind of bending my leg and then quickly straightening it and kind of hopping a step backwards....well after this my coordination wasn't the best...i went to do that and promptly took my leg out from under myself like someone had tripped me and fell on my face, lol. (I was absolutely fine. Hurt my pride, teehee).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:00 am

I am going to start training at a box that has yoga every thursday. I am going to do my very best to get there.

It has to be really hard to stand all day Karin! YOW!!!!!!

Have you tried those "tone" shoes? LOLOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:52 am

Yeah, i need to look into the yoga stuff... My biggest problem right now is the whole standing for 8 hours a day thing. I do what i can to get around it...like walking to the end of the checkstand and back between orders, making excuses to walk further when i can get away with it and bouncing from one leg to the other as i scan. The customers probably think i've got a massive case of ADHD, the truth is i'm just in pain, lol. When i scan i'm trapped in a space that's about 2x3 feet. It's horrible. But it pays the bills ::sigh:: or most of them.

Warmup: 1 minute to do 15 kbs (rest whatever time is left)
1 minute row
(12 minutes total)

WOD: "Diane" 21-15-9 of:

Deadlifts (175#)
Handstand Push-ups (i did about 2/3 handstand and 1/3 decline push-ups with my feet on a high box).

(8:37) ....1:26 slower than last time but last time i didn't do any handstand push-ups, just decline and last time i used 155#

did a few pull-ups, practiced my snatches with an empty men's bar.

Funny of the day: the other women looking at me like i was somehow badass for putting 135 on the bar and Dan talking some of them into trying it out. Then I put another 40 lbs. on the bar for the workout. The morning crew is mostly new to CF, lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: hey karin   Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:39 am

My goodness, your workouts are intense. What I wouldn't give for some of your upper body strength. I'm struggling with mine. It's coming slowly and boy am I sore.

More on knees:

Sometimes they get cramps and you think you've done something to them. What they need is some stretching, not your normal stretching, slow steady stretching to give them a fluid, flowing kind of motion.

Go to Yogajournal.com and type in knees for the search for some stretches for them. I have found that Warrior I, II and III are good for knees but you may find a stretch or two that you can own. You're on the right track with your hips. Ankles are part of it too.

Sonya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynthiaj

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:33 am

I"m so glad you are posting what you're doing Karin... I need good ideas for things to do since I am in a slump... AND - you reminded me to do the Mobility WODs.. I think that even if that's all I manage to do in a day for the next month or so, I'll still be better off, and hopefully when I have the umph to hit real WODs hard again I'll do better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:45 am

Some jumprope practice, rowing...

15 minutes of the following, done continuously:

20 seconds pull-ups
20 seconds sit-ups
20 seconds squats

pull-ups: 5-6-5-5-6-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5 (77)
sit-ups: 15-14-15-15-13-13-15-15-15-15-15-15-15-15-17 (222)
squats: 10-10-11-12-12-14-12-12-13-12-14-12-12-12-12 (181)

This is the first time i've done such a large number of squats in a number of months. I tried to focus on good form and not just pound them out as fast as humanly possible. I don't want to jinx myself or something, but the knees have been better. Not perfect, but better, lately. I've been working on stretching the muscles around my hips...i think that's been one of my issues. My knees don't crack when i squat but my hips certainly do..and they are definitely tight. At any rate, my knees are still painful every day, but the inflammation issues have been a lot less. I don't expect them to be "normal" anytime soon, but if i can run a little and squat a little and whatnot and not suffer for days because if it, i'll be satisfied with that for now.

Nasty little blood blister around the callus on my right palm...That'll teach me to not to file it down better and let it get pinched.... (Between today and the pullup practice i did yesterday, plus yesterday i was trying to help teach someone to kip).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:03 am

For time: 5 rnds:

15 mb cleans (14#)
15 wallballs

(8:48)

3000m rowing relay in 3 wo/man teams

30 burpee team penalty for losing said^^^^

rowing, pullup practice (warmup)

popped in tonight to get the results of the Paleo Challenge. Um...half a pound heavier, a little leaner. But i do have more energy, the knees have been lest obnoxious and i'm stronger than i was. I've continued eating more or less paleo. I do my best to avoid grains but i do use a little cheese here and there as a condiment (but no more several yogurt cups a day...i haven't had yogurt in months).
I watched everyone else do the workout i did this morning, socialized...and in between those two things i worked on pullups and dips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:29 am

some rowing, jump rope practice then:

For time:

400m run
40 kbs (35#)
40 sit-ups
40 box jumps step-ups

400m run
40 pull-ups
40 lunges
40 back extensions

400m run
40 double unders 120 singles
40 wall balls (40#)
40 pushups

Then a few pullups and some dips
26:13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Ditto   Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:38 am

Well done, Mamacita. This sounds like a powerful workout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynthiaj

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 pm

I <3 the Painstorms. I always wanted to do them at CF Santa Clara but Jason wasn't interested. I haven't done one in ages, so you've reminded me to include them in my "fun" (scaled a bunch!)

well done!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:34 am

sbornheimer wrote:
in the mix. :-)

Glad to hear it! Very Happy

Yesterday: WOD: "March '11 Painstorm"

As it was done by the mere mortals i did it with, it wasn't THAT bad. We skipped the first round, the part that involved dozens of muscle ups and HSPU. That's just beyond my capabilities. I did the following:

21-15-9
Toes to Bar
pushups
1000m run

30-20-10
dips (as many ring as i could and the rest regular)
pullups (kipping)

36:50

(I switched around the pushups and the dips because there wasn't any place to do the dips. I didn't switch around the rep scheme. It didn't occur to me until too late that it would have been a lot easier to have done 60 pushups and 45 dips...oh well). Pain? No, just exhaustion. And frustration. I wish i were better at dips and running and toes to bar. Pushups i can handle. Wink

Friday morning:

warmups: some rowing and then 50 snatches (actually i did more like 75 because after i finished them i kept doing a few more here and there..trying to get better at these. Just the bar (45#)

wod: 20 minute amrap

7 db thrusters (20# dbs)
15L-Pullups L-leg extending things on the paralette things
45 single unders

8 rnds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Karin, very glad to see you   Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:25 pm

in the mix. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:29 pm

sbornheimer wrote:
You're a Chicago gurl. And you don't look much older than 30. Whas up wit dat? :-)

Are Chicagoans supposed to look older? lol. Yes, i live in the Chicago area. (in the south suburbs). And, yes, i'm not much older than 30. 34, to be exact. So i'm not really a Cougie. Hopefully, i'm still welcome around here. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Oh   Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:36 am

You're a Chicago gurl. And you don't look much older than 30. Whas up wit dat? :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:50 pm

http://www.hotsidecf.com/ Wanna see me row? Don't i look absolutely thrilled to death? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Wow   Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Sounds like quite the workout my dare devil, Karin.

And, so glad to hear the knees are better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:41 am

warmup...some rowing and...5 rnds of 10 back ext & 10 dips

wod: 5 rounds for time

15 Ground-to-Overthead (65#)
10 ball slams (20#)
5 wallballs (14#)
400 m run (includes a nice, tall flight of stairs....)

32:04

This is easily the furthest i've run since very early September by at least a factor of 10. The knees felt great for the first 3 of these and not bad for the other two. I'm icing them and hoping for the best. And, anyway, i'm off work till Friday night and wasn't planning on exercising again until Thursday night so they get like 36 hours of no working out and no prolonged standing. They should be grateful. Wink

G-T-O was a haphazard mixture of clean and jerk, clean and pushpress and some ugly little snatches (some of which definitely had some pressing out at the top). Whatever gets it done (safely). 65# gets heavy after a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:35 am

warmup: some rowing, then: 5 rnds of 10 (14#) mb cleans

kipping pullups: 1 the first minute, 2 the second minute....13 rounds+11

10 squats, 1 dip, 10 squats, 2 dips............10 squats 10 dips 7:08

50 pushups

I tried to do a deadhang chin-up but couldn't even do one after all the kipping pullups...

Posted my result on FB and got a huge, unsolicited lecture (via FB message) about how it was "cheating" and i was going to "ruin my body" (interestingly, he wasn't worried about my shoulders, which would at least make sense, but that i was going to ruin my hips.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:06 am

Fight Gone Bad...i'm going to assume everyone knows how that works.

row 12-12-12
wb (14 #) 22-16-17
sdhp (55#) 22-20-18
bj step-ups 33-28-25
pp (55#) 19-16-18

290. The best i've ever done is 295, back in September. I really want to get to 300 at some point. Still, this is better than 269 in January. Wallballs are my nemesis. And i really can't go and practice them like crazy with the knee thing. This is not a cop-out, it's an unfortunate reality.

But anyway, i guess i did okay. Especially considering i wasn't really doing it WITH anyone this morning. (Bert did it, too, but he's a 60 year old distance runner and not really competition for me Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 am

you are a beast Karin. Awesome work on the row! And on everything else!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:19 am

WOD: "Helen in a Boat"

400m row
21 kbs (35#)
12 pullups

11:27

Let's see...back in January i did the same workout in 11:18. Bummer. Am i allowed to blame the 4x500 i did less than 12 hours earlier?

Jump rope practice (OMG do i suck at this...)
pullups (I was surprised i could still do a few deadhangs in a row with no kip after the 3 dozen kipping ones and whatnot in the the WOD).

Thursday we are doing Fight Gone Bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 pm

New Least. Favorite. Workout.!!

4x500m row (rest as needed between rows) 1:54, 2:10, 2:05, 2:09 Monica and i did it together and we are pretty darn well matched so i had no choice but to give it my all. Which led Chris to tease me that he could hear me breathing from the other side of the room... That was awful.

Then 3 rounds, max pushups (33, 26 and 25). Because, you know, i could still use my arms to peel my tired butt off the floor, can't have that...

Shoulda thrown in some back extensions and situps...then i'd have to roll to my car....

This after 8 hours of fun at work. I thought it was a little late for first of the month shopping, but the foodstamp cards were SIZZLING today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynthiaj

PostSubject: nice WOD   Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:07 pm

That looks like a good one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:34 pm

KarinFranklin wrote:
Considering how much i hate long rowing sessions, i'm surprised this wasn't more awful, lol.

12 minutes....

first, row 2000m

then, in remaining time, do max deadlifts (i used 155#) and did 30.

Subtract deadlifts from 12 minutes (i forget the formula and anyway someone else did the math) but my time was 9:30 because i did 30 deadlifts (in less than 3 minutes).

My @$$ (i mean, literally, my @$$) is going to be sore!

I really didn't feel like practicing pullups or anything after this, so i didn't.

NICE WOD!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   

Back to top Go down

Um.... Karin's page? lol
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next