Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Um.... Karin's page? lol

Go down 
+6
woobums
cougie
Admin
robertdorf
Lauriel
KarinFranklin
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KarinFranklin

Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:01 pm

Considering how much i hate long rowing sessions, i'm surprised this wasn't more awful, lol.

12 minutes....

first, row 2000m

then, in remaining time, do max deadlifts (i used 155#) and did 30.

Subtract deadlifts from 12 minutes (i forget the formula and anyway someone else did the math) but my time was 9:30 because i did 30 deadlifts (in less than 3 minutes).

My @$$ (i mean, literally, my @$$) is going to be sore!

I really didn't feel like practicing pullups or anything after this, so i didn't.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:47 am

Somebody is still a tree climbing ten-year old (just a little larger...though there are plenty of kids who are bigger than 5-foot-tall me) at heart.
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: :-)   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 am

I know! Somebody is a dare devil.
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:52 am

Really??? hanging by your toes???? OMG!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:34 am

Got there early, warmed up, played around on the rings and bars (i have a new Stupid Human Trick...hanging by my toes from the bar and bringing my hands up to it - i hold on to the rings just in case, but i can hang from my toes for a while).

3 rnds for time:

400 m row
15 squat snatch (55#)
9 hspu pushups with feet on a box at waist height

11-something (forgot exact time. DOH!)

50 burpees for time 3:08 (so obviously i'm going to have to do them again soon in under 3 minutes when i haven't recently finished a bunch of rowing). bounce

dip/pullup work. And i've been doing pullups on the (riser-less) stairs of my apartment (can't quite get my chin up above the step because my head smacks the step above, but very convenient to just reach and grab). And if i do a handstand against the wall, i found out i can hold it for a few seconds on one arm...but i still can't do good full-depth hspu (i can't really overhead press close to 130 Lbs. with no momentum on it).
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Atta Gurl   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Heal those knees!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:08 am

Sbornheimer: Thanks for the advice about the knees. I've been using ice but i'm now making an effort to do it religiously. And thinking about how i can rig something for work. I hadn't thought about that possibility before.
.........................................................................................................................................

First day of morning CF today (as opposed to evening). I was afraid this was totally going to be "CF lite", that it'd be all out-of-shape middle aged women with 20 lb bars doing slow-motion squats... but it was okay after all. And Dan L. is, as always, a ton of fun. (When Travis tried to institute a complaint jar that people were supposed to donate to if they started griping, Dan pulled out a twenty and said "here, now i can curse your @$$ out All. Day. Long." Then he tried to pay other people to tell Travis off. (He and Travis are buddies).

And it isn't all old ladies. We had a couple young men, even. So i have someone to compete with @ the metcon stuff.

..........................................................................................................................................

rowing, stretching...

..........................................................................................................................................
snatches 3-3-3-3-3 (45, 65, 65, 65 and 75#). I'm starting to feel more comfortable with snatches. I'm still not great at getting under the bar. I'm a lot more comfortable with C&Js for getting things overhead. But practice makes perfect. And i feel a bit less awkward for the fact that almost none of the other morning people are that skilled with them, either.

...........................................................................................................................................

21-15-9 of:

burpees
knees to elbows
push-ups
sit-ups

6:01 (Fastest time. Not sure how, because the boys were halfway through kte by the time i finished burpees. They must have stopped or slowed down a lot. I'm not the fastest person but i'm decent at maintaining my pace so i guess it was a tortoise vs. hare thing or something). Seemed like a really short workout to me, but it did take some people over 14 minutes.

...........................................................................................................................................

jumprope practice, more burpees, some pullups...

Highlight of the day: All of the bars with boxes under them were occupied. There was one box in the general vicinity of a bar but not under it. Rather than move it, i lept off it and caught the bar (with an involuntary animalistic little grunt.) Made everyone laugh.
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: knees   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Karin, I'm sure you've tried everything so I'm not giving any sage advice, just what worked for me.

My knees some years ago were giving me so much pain. I knew I hadn't hurt anything and couldn't figure out what it was, I was complaining to my father (RIP) and he said, "Heal them with some ice." I thought I don't know about that but what I started to do for 2 weeks straight is what I call my ice therapy. While I was sitting reading or watching tv, I would put ice packs on my knees for 10 minute increments. When the 10 minutes were done in one position I would switch it up so that the ice was still laying on my knees but in a different position covering a different area of it. I would do it for about a half an hour. After that 2 weeks, I didn't experience the same kind of pain again.

Every once in a while, I will notice my knees trying to start and when they do, I do my ice therapy. It works for me.

Also, I'm not sure what you're wearing at work, but if you can wear pants, you can rig an ice pack around your knee while you're standing and do some ice therapy while you're working.

Just a thought, or two. Smile
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:11 am

I so relate to struggling with the feelings of "less than" for modifying.

It's just a way for us to play mind f#K games with ourselves. Like you said - there are a million positives to see. And a few negatives. It's a personality trait many of us share to focus on the negative and take the positive for granted.

OK FUCK THAT.

It doesn't serve anything. Negative energy begets negative energy. So we all have to stop it.

Right now.

Smile cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
cynthiaj

cynthiaj

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Attagirl Karin - the mental muscles are the most important ones, eh? Way to "Ac-cen-tuate the positive" Smile
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:39 am

Eh, i'm over it. The feeling like a cheater/wimp/malingerer because i modify things because of the knees feeling, i mean. I thought about it some more... Who's the only girl there who does pullups without the band? (me.) Who's the shortest, probably lightest girl there (me) who uses heavier weights than the other girls for a lot of things? (me). Since AJ moved to TX (a total monster-ette who could throw around things that weigh more than i do with ease...with about a hundred pounds on me bodyweight-wise) i'm the strongest girl left. That's not slacking. I don't take the easy way out...i just have goofy knees that demand concessions sometimes.

warmup: max kbs (30#) in 3 minutes (72).

WOD:

In 3 minutes: 3 rounds of: 5 snatches (30# kb), 5 box jumps step-ups, 5 mb cleans (14#), 5 sdhp (30#kb), 5 pushups....burpees in time remaining (12 burpees)

In 3.5 minutes: 3 rounds of 5 snatches, 5 step-ups, 5 mb cleans, 5 sdhp, 5 push-ups (20 burpees)

In 5 minutes: 4 rounds of 5 snatches, 5 step-ups, 5 mb cleans, 5 sdhp, 5 push-up (sit there and hyperventilate in time remaining).

Did a few pullups and some inverted pushups for fun, too.

Switching to the new 7:30 am time next week. With the "old ladies" (fits my schedule better...) My biggest fears are that it's going to be 1) "CF lite" and 2) focused on the lower body. My knees are an ongoing issue... and, unlike some women, i'm perfectly happy to do upper-body stuff. If we don't use a pullup bar or a barbell at some point, i'll cry foul, lol.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:28 am

It is painful. In a 24 hours a day obnoxious way. In a hurts to stand for more than an hour and just get worse from there for my 8.5 hour shift, hurts a little less when i get home, then starts to hurt more again until i take Tylenol PM to go to sleep sort of way. (Some nights it's not bad after i get home and i don't sedate myself) It's not agonizing, just unrelenting.

And it frustrates the hell out of me. I want to be able to do what everyone else does at CF. And even if i gave up CF, i have similar problems with cycling, rollerblading, too much walking. Maybe i need to take up wheelchair basketball. Wink (kidding! I know i'm lucky...i can do whatever i want, i just pay for some of it).

Ironically, when i'm exercising and my knees are warmed up...they usually feel a lot better. For a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:00 am

WOW, Karin, knees sound so painful. How aweful that there is yet to be a treatment. I think you're doing great to work around it. Get strong and fantastic in all the other areas and don't cause yourself additional and unneeded pain.
Back to top Go down
http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Thanks. Smile

"Jonesworthy" ....sort of....

squats situps: 80,64,50,36,16,8
35# kettlebell swings: 40,32,25,16,8,4
pull ups: 20,16,12,8,4,2

18 minutes and change. Since it wasn't under 17 minutes (almost nobody finished in the times Travis seemed to think they could...we were punished doing 20 burpees apiece, the six of us (one person finished fast enough and one was STILL doing it long after the rest of us), in a circle. Each doing one and then the next person...20 times around. Not much of a punishment. I can do 1 burpee every 10 seconds without suffering at all. Smile Even 20 burpees at once isn't really terrible.

For those who don't already know, i'm lucky enough to have "Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome" AKA, "Your kneecaps are whiny little bitches and we don't know why." It came on rather abruptly in the fall of 2009 (overuse was probably a factor then, it's not now) and i haven't gotten a day off from it yet (though it's not as bad as it was). Too much standing (i cashier...i stand 40+ hours a week!), too much walking, sitting the wrong way...and exercises that involve my legs have a tendency to make things worse. I've tried exercises and stretches, rest (gave up exercise for 2 months...i could only get a week off work though so the standing is not something i can get around), glucosamine, fish oil, ice, foam roller (and it's masochistic variant, rolling on baseballs)...i've probably even left something out. But anyway, i have a chronic, annoying, painful problem (but a perfectly normal MRI and X-Rays!) that i am trying to live my life in spite of (i'm still hoping i can rollerblade this summer...) but where was i?

Oh yeah....so i did situps instead of squats and felt like a total cheater because of it. It's not like doing 80 situps in a row was comfortable either (even if i am a beast with the "core" stuff). But yeah....

I can 1) do the squats slowly and possibly piss the knees off for days (at least) and feel bad for taking so long and not tax my heart and lungs that much)
2) do the squats quickly and probably piss off my knees worse than usual.
3) do something else. Which is what i did. And feel guilty.

Am i nuts? I feel like an old lady for having weird knees. And like a wimp or a malingerer for having knees that don't have anything majorly mechanically wrong (maybe this will go away, maybe i'll end up with patellofemoral arthritis someday, the causes, solutions and outcomes for my problem seem to be a bloody frickin' mystery, judging by what i've i've read online. A lot of theories...)

I also stopped by the college today to try to figure out what i need to do to get started on the Radiology Tech thing. Stressful.
Back to top Go down
MsPattyR

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Nice DLs lady!!!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Knees have been little b*tches lately (i blame work...standing 17 hours out of 25 Friday/Saturday does not make for happy knees. And there's no chance of sitting down for a minute here or there. I get written up...) anyhoo... I declined to participate in "Cindy".

Deadlifts 3-3-3-3-3
135, 185, 195, 205, 215...I tried 225, too, but i couldn't get that off the ground even once. Still, the most i ever tried before was 175...but i knew i could do more than that....just wasn't sure HOW much.

wod: 21-15-9 clean & jerk (65#) and ball slams (20#) in 7:30

I did 3 pullups in a row, then i did 3 chinups, then i did 4 mixed grip ones. About a month ago i couldn't do deadhangs at all...i'm getting much better at them. Those were all done with no kip.
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 am

Sweet! Can't wait till I can try them! I could feel my abs getting stronger just WATCHING!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:04 am

You hold a bar (with or without weight on the ends), arms locked , bar parallel to the floor above you...and swing your legs from side to side.

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNGCG2L0OA
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Nice workouts.

Que es un 'floorwiper'?
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:36 pm

jen wrote:
i'm a'stealing that 20 min amrap one!!!! Smile

abolutely, Jen! Very Happy

Today: Annie

50 double unders (did 150 singles instead)
50 situps
(120 singles)
40 situps
(90 singles)
30 situps
(60 singles)
20 situps
(30 singles)
10 situps

Took me 17:11. I'm just horrible at jumprope. I really need to practice more. I'm lucky if i can do a dozen singles in a row. Sometimes when i'm tired it takes 3 tries just to get one. The only reason this didn't take me forever and 2 days is that i can fly through the situps. I just tried to stay relaxed and not think about how pathetic i must have looked.

25 pullups
50 deadlifts (i thought 75# was shockingly light until i zipped through the first 30 or so nonstop...lol)
50 pushups
50 boxjumps (subbed stepups as always)
50 floorwipers
50 kb clean and press (i used 20#...so of course i felt annoyed that i made it too easy for myself. It was either that or do it with 25 or more and be annoyed that it took me too long and i sucked at it. I'm usually mad at myself for one or the other. Illogical, i know)
25 pullups. I was just not coordinated today. Every single kipping pullup was done one at a time, i couldn't seem to chain anything.

17:47

Also did a couple deadhang pullups and climbed the rope. I love that i can do that. The rope i mean. The pullups make me happy, too. Needed to remind myself i don't suck at EVERYthing after the jumprope misadventure. I guess i can take some comfort in the fact that i was not the last person to finish Annie. Several people are nearly as bad at jumping rope. And not as good at situps.
Back to top Go down
jen

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:30 pm

i'm a'stealing that 20 min amrap one!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:02 am

I hear you. It's so hard to be "balanced" when we feel like we only have a few opportunities to "get it in".

In any case - GREAT JOB GIRL!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:51 pm

cougie wrote:
karin.. that is a LOT of work!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about these really long sesssions anymore.. I am totally in love with the long sexy metcons but I hope you don't overdo it. !!!

Great job though!

Well it was supposed to be the first workout i listed only ....and then i ended up doing someone else's with them, too...i guess i'm a glutton for punishment. Lately my schedule has only allowed me to CF twice a week (it's in the evenings and i WORK evenings) and i don't get much exercise (besides standing and cashiering 8 or 9 hours a day) on the other days (this should change in March...the CF schedule, still have to cashier) but anyway that's like 5 rest days out of 7, right? So a few long metcons are not going to kill me.

Today:

5-5-5-5-5 Deadlifts
(135#, 145,155, 165, 175)

20 min amrap

2 burpees
4 tgu (2 each side) 25#
8 lunges w/ 35 lb plate overhead (total, not per leg)
16 situps
(8 rounds)
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:27 am

karin.. that is a LOT of work!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about these really long sesssions anymore.. I am totally in love with the long sexy metcons but I hope you don't overdo it. !!!

Great job though!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:27 pm

OMG, i got my exercise today....

7 minute amrap:
10 (65#) pushpress
10 (44 and 52 lb kb and 65 lb bar...whatever wasn't being used) SDHP
10 stepups
10 wallballs
10 squats

1 minute rest

7 minute amrap (same as above)

1 minute rest

7 minute amrap (same as above)

Don't ask me how many rounds...the most i could do it in 7 minutes was 3 times.

6 min amrap wallballs (14#) and burpees

1 minute rest

6 minute amrap kbs (52# thought it was the 44...no wonder it felt so heavy!) and lunges

1 minute rest

6 minute amrap situps (the kind where your feet are off the ground the whole time and you bring your knees to your chest as you come up extend them back out as your shoulders go back down) and pushups

..................................................................................

Rich was laughing at me when i came home because i could barely talk right. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Um.... Karin's page? lol
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome. :: The Crapless Workout Logs-
Jump to: