Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
woobums

woobums

Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:26 pm

SAKB: Single Arm Kettle Bell Swings

kitten puppy baby bunnies : Squat Clean n Press with a Burpee on the bar in the down position

Hard to visualize, but there are no videos that I can find:

Start with your 65# bar in front of you.
Grab it. With it still on the ground, kick legs back to push-up position, do push-up on the barbell. Bring legs back in as you would with a normal burpee.
Then squat clean and press.
Bring bar back down, and start again.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:49 pm

SAKB?

kitten puppy who?

Always learning new things here!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:37 am

OK now I understand! I thought you were doing both.

It's so hard to work back up slowly from an injury.. but it's the only way. Good for you for not pushing beyond safety!
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: 2/11 buttfit   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:12 pm

"Princess Lydia"

RX
50 box jumps 18"
10 wall climbs
50 KB swings 35#
10 kitten puppy baby bunnies 65#
50 SDHP
50 ring push ups
50 pullups
50 double unders
50 sit ups

ButtFit
50 box jumps 12" without using arms
50 SAKB swings 25#
50 Sumo Deadlifts 75#
50 double unders
50 cross armed sit ups
1k row

time: 28:20

Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:40 pm

205. About a week later I hit 215. 3 weeks later, I shredded my shoulder. Boooooooooooo.
Now I can deadlift 75 (that's the only weight I've tried). I'm sure I can do more, but I'm not pushing it just yet. (Pulling isn't the problem with this injury, pushing, likely hanging, and absolutely throwing is.)
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:04 am

How much are you lifting in your pic?
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm not an addict...i can quit FB anytime i want...
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 pm

No no no...I'm posting what the RX is vs Buttfit (though really it was more Thighfit)...mostly so I can use it as a reference point.

Though during the weeks leading up to competitions, we do back to back wods.

Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 am

So you guys are doing 2 20 minute amraps???

affraid

Smile
Back to top Go down
MsPattyR

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:03 pm

FB WHORES R US - HOW CAN WE HELP YOU??? Omg that is so funny!! Razz

Your coach is very creative - love the titles!
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:32 pm

E - I am the MidAtlantic Facebook Whore...totally different region from you. Though my innerweb dating creatures are strikingly similar to yours...

Okay: buttfit kicked my...well..butt tonight.

"Jack"

RX:
20 min AMRAP
10 push press 115/85
10KBS 50/35
10 Box jumps 24/20

Buttfit:
20 Min AMRAP

10 SAKB Pushpress 25lb
10 goblet squats
10 weighted step ups, 20inch box/18lb bells
10 ab mat sit ups/arms crossed over chest

7 rounds plus 12

Those weighted step ups totally sucked and my left arm looks like it was run over by a truck: 25lb kettlebell hitting the fore-arm with each and every press...ugh.
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:24 pm

lol!
cougie wrote:
did i hear someone say facebook whore? were you calling me???
Back to top Go down
http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:55 pm

did i hear someone say facebook whore? were you calling me???
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Maybe Facebook then, since I've never been to DE... Smile
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Lauriel,
I'm in Wilmington DE - born n raised here. I'm also a pathetic facebook whore so I'm always on there inserting stupid comments on people's pages.
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:19 am

Beth, you look familiar. where are you located?
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Buttfit 2/5   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:14 pm

"Super Mario"

RX:

25 Minute AMRAP
Start with 5 minutes shuttle runs
then

5 clean & jerks 135/75#
6 deadlifts 135/75#
7 bastards (burpees over bars)
8 kettlebell swings 53/35#

ButtFit:
25 Minute AMRAP
Start with 5 minutes shuttle runs
then

5 Single Arm Kettlebell Cleans 25#
6 deadlifts 75#
8 jumping lunges
8 Single Arm Kettlebell Swings 25#

Score: 104 shuttles
10 rounds plus 4 cleans

Eileen - thanks for the comment about the pic. I think that was 205 or 215.... I'll be back there soon. I hope.
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:07 pm

cougie wrote:
vat ees a kettlebell row???

Ze kettlebell row is as seen in ze attached leenk.

KettleBell Leenk
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:04 am

and looooove your picture! <------------------
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:03 am

vat ees a kettlebell row???
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Buttfit/Thighfit workout 2/4   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Coach called this one "Punch a Baby". He's creative. The last one, for the record, was 'Bird Legs"
RX:
8 rounds
8 pullups
5 thrusters (for women, 65lb)

Buttfit:
10 rounds
10 kettlebell rows, 25lb bells
5 kettlebell front squats, 18lb bells

Finished in 9:37

I'm dreadfully out of shape from sitting on mah mushy butt for a month. Getting back on the horse feels good, though.

Definitely think the heating pad for an hour immediately prior to work out and the ice pad for 30 minutes immediately after is key.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 am

Sounds like the dog is the clumsy one! Smile
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:10 am

No workout today - my daughter had a swimmeet that I traveled to watch. Then I got home, let the stupid dog out of her stupid crate. She was SO happy to see me that she slammed her stupid boxer-lab rock-hard skull into my jaw and caused such pain and swelling on the opposing side of my jaw (as in, she hit right, left is still the size of a lime), that I went to the local urgent care center.
Doc checked me out, was somewhat concerned that I may have dislocated my jaw or maybe have a hairline fracture (!!) so I got to have X-rays taken. Doc saw nothing untoward (YAY) so he offered me pain meds and ice. I said no thanks on the pain meds (I have plenty, and I don't think the local pharmacy would approve of me getting more of a stash).
Got home, iced my face as I heated my shoulder and doped myself up and did my taxes.

I. Am. Special.

And clumsy.
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:50 am

Hi Beth! laughed at your intro.. thanks for that!

Injury is awful.. I know.. and very glad to see that you are not letting it stop you. I always figured I was helping the trainers by making them modify and scale my workouts. Wink

WELCOME
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Buttfit/Thighfit workout   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Today, a week after my cortisone shot, I ventured back into the box. I spent the last hour of work with a heating pad on my shoulder and bicep so that they would be warm. I think that was a wise idea, and even if it wasn't it felt fan-tas-tic.

Told my coach what the latest is - poss SLAP tear etc, doc sd to treat as if rotator cuff issue in terms of the work I do.
Ian (coach) easily scaled the workout for me:
RX Workout was
20 min amrap
start with 1k row
then w/ remaining time

20 double unders
8 sdhp
8 ring push ups

MY workout was
20 min amrap
start with 1k row
then w/ remaining time

20 double unders
8 sumo deadlifts 75lb
8 single arm kettle bell presses

My count: 6 + 11

I was shocked to discover that double unders are easier than singles. I may have forgotten how to do single jumps!
I was hesitant about the rowing, but Ian assured me that the mechanics of rowing should not in any way hurt a SLAP tear. He was right.
I did a low weight for the sumo deadlifts b/c I've been a lazy butt for the past month & didn't want to push it.

It felt good to be playing again. The cortisone shot definitely did NOT stop the constant pain in my arm/shoulder, but it reduced it to a dull roar so life is bearable now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome. :: The Crapless Workout Logs-
Jump to: