Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KarinFranklin

Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:05 am

how's it going?
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Yup...I believe that's what I'm going to do. I was wanting to buy a bike anyway, and this is just the kick I need I suppose.

Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Well...maybe you could take a few months off...enjoy the nice spring weather for bike riding....and then think about whether you want to go back. I took 2 months off CF this fall.
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Well, it's diagnosed as tennis elbow. 12 sessions of rehab, thingy to wear on my arm. Instruction to find a new sport.
I'm thinking that may be correct, though this is the first thing I've ever enjoyed as far as fitness stuff. Ever.
I am sulking for a week, then figuring things out.

I think I need to buy a bike.
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah, I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow morning. It seems like carpal tunnel, which is plaguing my office (that and neck issues) ever since we switched to a new workspace where they constructed the desks etc too low... I'll find out tomorrow. If the wod had included cleans, I would not have done it. Odds are, I'll end up having to take another break. Getting old sometimes is really irritating!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:48 pm

Carpal tunnel? Your arms need a rest...maybe you should take some time off CF. Sometimes it's just a good idea, much as it sucks.
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:01 pm

I'm doing a TERRIBLE job at documenting WODs lately...
So I'm starting anew with what I recall..

3/23: 20 Min AMRAP:
8KB swings (35 lb)
8 squat thrusters (sub for burpees)
8 jumping lunges
8 knees-to-elbows.

Well, I did one round and on the 2nd round of knees to elbows, my shoulder 'went'.
So I switched down to single arm KB swings at 18lb, and modified knees to elbows on a box (no idea what that's called).
Total count: 8 rounds plus 16.

I forget what we did Friday. Something wondrous. Actually, I do recall but I forget the scoring.
This was a team event wherein we were in groups of 3: And we had to do 2 minute amraps of the following:
ring dips (I did squat thrusters)
sit ups
push ups
pull ups.
No idea of our score. But it was brutal as usual.

Saturday we did Tabata Barbells:
Deadlift bodyweight,
Hang squat clean (scaled down to 35#)
Power snatch (again, scaled to 35#)
squat thrusters (sub for burpees)

My total: 130

And today:: WOD2 from the games
AMRAP 15 minutes
9 Deadlifts 100#
12 Release push ups
15 20' box jumps

Didn't scale anything and just took my time: got 5 rounds plus 21.
I'm thinking of trying it again just to see how much better I can do it, as most everyone was averaging 8 plus whatever. except my coach who was at 14 something. crazy.

On a stupid side note: in my continuing physical deterioration, I appear to have developed carpal tunnel syndrome or something in my left forearm/wrist/hand. Yay me!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Aww, i'm sorry the shoulder isn't feeling good. It must be very frustrating and disappointing. Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:01 pm

I forgot to snapshot the workouts the last 2 days that I went.
BUT today

"Nasty Girls"
3 rounds for time:

50 Air Squats
21 pull ups
21 push ups
10 hang cleans ( only 35# due to my shoulder)

15:20

If I remember to jot down the other work outs, I'll post 'em.

And no, my shoulder does NOT appreciate today's work out at ALL.
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Crossfit Games Qualifier WOD 1   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Today our box did the qualifier WOD.
10 minutes AMRAP:
30 double unders
15 power snatches

I'm still not up to snuff, so I had to scale (boooooo): my barbell for the snatches was only 35# and I took my time with the lifts. Right now I am all about form, and I think that's a good thing.

Got through a whopping 2 rotations plus 30 DU and 8 snatches.

I beat myself up a little bit over it, then remembered that this is only my 3rd time since December even putting anything over my head! And I did Grace yesterday!

So now I am no longer beating myself up.

This recovery from injury thing certainly is humbling.

Meanwhile, my coach blew away even Jason Khalipa's score! Keep an eye on Ian Hardin, mid-atlantic region. It would be SO cool if he were to make it to the official games. SO. Very. Cool.
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Oooh good luck with the Warrior Dash! I was going to do either the Tough Mudder this year and then my stupid shoulder issue came up. I think you'll have a LOT of fun with it - and yes, just aim to complete it!

9 minute mile...dropping a minute from my pace in a bunch of months might actually be doable. Though I'll have to baby-step that one or I'll be too overwhelmed.

Today we did Grace.
I was scaled (of course): 45lbs. 30 clean n jerks for time: 3:24

I really felt good doing it, which makes me think I should have done heavier (though certainly not Rx 95). But I shall not be greedy.

EDIT TO ADD: Hours later, I no longer feel really good except about the fact that I did not do heavier.
Crap. Icing, and anti inflammatories.

Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:18 pm

I ran today for the first time in a very long time (5x400m as part of a workout). With my stupid knee issues, my goal is this: To complete the "Warrior Dash" (obstacle course mud run thing) in June. Time is irrelevant. If i can run for most or all of the 5k i'll be happy with that.

Doing it in half an hour is pretty impressive in my book. I have no idea what would be a good time to shoot for. 27 minutes? That'd be three 9-minute miles on average, right? That's pretty fast for people who aren't big runner types, i think.
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: 5K Sunday   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:26 pm

No workout Saturday, as I was stuck home with numerous contractors: recent rains and my roof have conspired against me and the back half of my house flooded down the walls -- insulation/drywall/wood...yeah. All soaked. So my life revolves around the schedules of contractors and the weather.

Sunday I did get out for a bit though and ran a 5k. I like the way I can now just do 5ks spur of the moment. Crazy. This one was downhill 1.5 miles, turn around, run back...uphill... I wasn't trying to prove anything and therefore kind of slacked on the uphill part...negotiating "run to this tree, then fast walk to that tree, then run and 3 2 1 go". Did it in 31:02.

So now I have a baseline of sorts. I think I'll try to do one or two 5ks each month and work the time down, but I don't know a valid goal. Last year I got it down to 29:53, I believe (of course, I only ran 3 races).

What do YOU think is a valid goal for someone who is in okay condition strictly from crossfit work outs,and was never really a runner per se?
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: WOD 3/11   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:49 pm

"Super Zenith"

10 - 1
Front Squat 75# (scale from hang squat cleans 75#)
push ups (scale from clapping pushups)

Time: 12:28

This was 10 - 1, so it was 10 of each, then 9 of each, then 8 and so on.
My wrists were NOT happy...they had no break between the exercises. Ouch.

Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: WOD 3/9   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:46 pm

"Emu the Greatest"

4 rounds:
21 Deadlifts 105# (scaled from 135#)
12 Straight Presses 25# (scaled from HSPU)
run 400m

time: 24:57 -- the first time in 3 months putting a barbell, no matter how light, over my head!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:52 am

my shoulder is VERY angry at me! i am so tired of being sore and injured!

AND.. on friday after the wod i started sneezing and didn't stop til sunday.

so.i guess i'm just using your thread to whine. HA!

Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 pm

I was too busy coughing my head off to catch the name of the workout tonight (plus I got there late, so I didn't do the wod that everyone else did -- a lifting wod)
It was 6 rounds of 500m row, 1 minute rest in between.

fastest time was 1:46
slowest time was 2:16

It has been two hours and I still have not stopped coughing. I feel really really badly right now. I believe I'm going to drink some water and lay down.

Sure hope the coughing stops. It's making me light headed.

But my shoulder doesn't hurt!
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 am

No pain is usually a good thing! yay!
Back to top Go down
http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:25 pm

‎"Burnt Lung"
10 rounds

run 400m
10 wall balls 20/14
5 burpees

Buttfit:

10 rounds

run 400m
10 wall balls 4
5 sit ups

Time: 40:22

Doc has given me (A) a new cocktail of shots on 2/22 with orders to do NO exercising aside from PT for a week and (B) a go ahead to start overhead work if the shoulder does not rebel after that week of rest. Good news: the wallballs (I know, only 100 and only 4lbs, but still) did not hurt. YAY!
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 pm

"Lord Kenelworthy"

RX:

four 140 m sprints, w/rest on way back
then
3 rounds max HSPU w/90 second rest between rounds
then
2 rounds max burpees 1 min, w/1 min rest between rounds
then
1 round max air squats 1 min.
then
cash out Max pull ups or rope climbs

BUTTFIT:

four 140 m sprints, w/rest on way back
then
3 rounds SAKB max clean & press 25lb (score 16, 8, 7)
then
2 rounds SAKB max squat pushpress 16lb (score 20, 16)
then
1 round max air squats 1 min (score 38...WAY hard too do well w/o balanced arms!!!)
then
cash out 200m row/sprint 43.1 seconds

Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:00 am

Hey... i have an account at spreadshirt and cafe press and would be glad to add any design to them... or tell me what to design or whatever... of course then the money comes to my account so maybe.. uh.. NEVER MIND! Smile

Girl. I'm not liking that you are not taking care of yourself. Yes, I'm preaching. Yes, I'm wagging a finger at you.

Let's not have to learn that lesson again. Err on the side of less weight! The definition of cougie is that we have nothing to prove because we are simply badass by existing.

OK? PROMISE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Next time Zazzle has a 50% off sale (should be around St Patty's day), I'll slide through ebates and make a cheap shirt, I think.
The kitten puppy baby bunnies ARE fun in a sick sort of way, but not as fun as the Bear Complex. I heart the bear complex.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo last night's work out.
I did not post as my shoulder was VERY VERY angry at me and I went to bed early. Ian, my regular coach who holds me back wisely, was not there. The coach who was there convinced me that pulling 105# Deads would be fine. I can tell you, she was wrong. I should have known - I asked Ian just the other day if I could go heavier than the 75# and he said a flat no. Dammit. Jumping the barbell was stupid too. Ugh. So anyway:

"Sweetheart"
RX:
5 rounds of
12 SDHP 75#
12 Push Press
Run 400m
5 burpees over bar

ButtFit
5 rounds of
12 Sumo Deadlifts 105#
12 SAKB PushPress 25lb
Row 500m
5 jumps over bar

time: 28:45
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:19 am

Excellent idea!!!

KarinFranklin wrote:
Lauriel wrote:
Those sound FUN! In a sick sort of way!

Sounds like a good CF T-shirt. "Fun...in a sick sort of way!"
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:24 am

Lauriel wrote:

Sounds like a good CF T-shirt. "Fun...in a sick sort of way!"
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:29 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!   Beth S:  I'd like some wine with that whine! Empty

Back to top Go down

Beth S: I'd like some wine with that whine!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome. :: The Crapless Workout Logs-
Jump to: