Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lauriel's WO Log

Go down 
+4
jen
KarinFranklin
cougie
Lauriel
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lauriel

Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:05 am

Yesterday's Wo was

3 rounds of
10 deadlifts (185#)
50 double unders

I did it in 6:30.

I have to say, I was really upset when I found out this WO was the one we were doing. I had seen it before and I knew others who had done it. I knew that i could do the deadlift and would struggle with the double unders. I've had a hate relationship with them for quite some time. I have never had them going good, and they went totally away one time, causing me to do Annie, literally one double under at a time (took me about 16 minutes to complete it). I Changed ropes several times, and finally went back to the rope I did best with, and have been relearning double unders. It hasn't been good. They come and go. I find that I get so fatigued from having to turn the rope. My arms get so tired, then I get so out of breath that I just can't turn the rope...

Anyway, the WO was written on the board and I almost cried. Not only did I have to suck at double unders, but I had to suck at double unders in front of people, during a WO (there were so many people that htose going RX went first, with others watching). Really really bummed and really really embarrassed. I just feel that they should be better. I've been doing this for nearly 4 years. Why do my double unders suck so badly???

I got a little redemption when I plugged my numbers into Beyond the White Board and saw that I wasn't too slow, for those who did RX, like in the 75th percentile. And when I looked at those who are women over 40, I was 2nd out of 10. But I really don't think that my age should be an excuse for lack of double unders. My double unders need to be better. There really is no excuse.

So, back to basics. I am going to try a new rope today. One I got a while back that I decided not to use because I had one similar and I was concerned that it was too fast. But I need fast and light, not fast and heavy. And I need to practice. So it begins...
Back to top Go down
http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:40 am

Yesterday, Feb 11

Power clean sets of 3 at 83#, 103#, 123#, 133#s, and 143#

Then this monster:

Power Clean & Jerk 15-12-9

reps must be done unbroken (like bear complex), no resting the bar on the ground for any reason MUST BE TOUCH AND GO!!!!. Increase weight each set, rest as needed each set (approx 3mins). weight should be challenging. If you let bar go count number of times and 500 meter row penalty for each time.

93#, 103#, and 113.5#

with 1 row penalty during last round. Set bar down after 6th rep. I thought it was the 5th rep, so I ended up doing an extra rep. This was a grip killer.
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:50 pm

It was awesome. Just be careful to not smach your fingers in the KBs!!!!
Back to top Go down
jen

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:40 pm

I love that kb workout. think I'm going to steal it for sunday or monday!!!
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:58 am

Wednesday's WOD.

Push Press first, 3X3 then 3X2 to go to a new 2-rep max if possible.
3-reps at 95#, 115#, 125# then 2 reps at 135#, 145#, and 145#. I wanted to try for 150 but was no allowed Sad

Then:
For Time:
10 Double Kettlebell Cleans 70 lbs TL
10 Double Kettlebell Front Squats 70 lbs
200 m Run
9 Double Kettlebell Cleans 70 lbs
9 Double Kettlebell Front Squats 70 lbs
20 Double Unders
8 Double Kettlebell Cleans 70 lbs
8 Double Kettlebell Front Squats 70 lbs
200 m Run
7 Double Kettlebell Cleans 70 lbs
7 Double Kettlebell Front Squats 70 lbs
etc...
15:37

Absolutely loved the KB WOD.

Then followed up with 25 parallel bar dips with a 15# chain for strength.
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:02 am

I'm going to post a similar workout but my weights and times are VERY different.

GREAT work L. You inspire!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Sounds brutal! Shocked Good work!
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Snatches 3-3-3-3-3 with 1 minute rest in between. first 2 sets at one weight, then add weight -- last 3 sets at higher weight.
Did 73-73-93-93-93

Then

For Time:
5 Squat Snatches 83 lbs
20 Double Unders
4 Squat Snatches 83 lbs
20 Double Unders
3 Squat Snatches 83 lbs
20 Double Unders
2 Squat Snatches 83 lbs
20 Double Unders
1 Squat Snatch 83 lbs
20 Double Unders

6:22 RX

Then 25 strict, no kipping knees to elbows, as high as possible.
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:54 am

GIRL!!!!

i'm still hanging from green harnesses trying to get full ROM and you're banging those out.

YES!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:24 am

Monday 2/7/11

Finally, a rest day -- but 20 minutes of work on HSPUs...

every minute on the minute, following the volumn training rep scheme:

2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 = 23 reps at full range of motion. Need to get ready -- two new cercises debuted on main site today, one is below parallel HSPUs.
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:17 am

Haven't posted much lately...

Thursday 2/3
Deadlift for sets of 5 at 135-185-215-235-255

then

Every minute on the minute for 12 minutes:
3 power snatches (at 83#)
max rep pull ups

Score is total number of pull ups -- 107 completed, no rounds missed

Friday 2/4
4 rounds for time of:
15 Box Jump (20 in.)s
15 Push-ups
30 Sit-up (abmat)s
400 m Run

Done in 17:10

Saturday 2/5

Squat clean 3-3-3-2-2-2 at 83-103-123-133-143-153 (missed the second one at 153 because I got too excited about getting the first one at 153)

Then

Front squat for reps of 3 at 115 lbs, 135 lbs, 155 lbs, and 165

Then 50 dead-hang pull ups. Most done in sets of 5. Getting stronger at these, finally...

Sunday 2/6

Oly lifting skill session. Snatches and snatch transfer movements.

Did multiple snatches working on form/technique in sets of 3 at 83#. I think I must have done about 10 sets of 3, maybe more... Then did snatch balances with the empty bar. Promissed coach that I would continue to work on snatch balances, since they get into my head and I need to get faster during that part of the movement.
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:50 am

I think it worked out to being 60 power cleans, 120 push ups and 180 squats... Needless to say... My legs feel about twice their size.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:27 am

All i can say is WOW...GREAT WORK!!!

And then you did: "3 power cleans (rx for me was 100#), 6 push ups and 9 squats" I've done that before. The airsquats really hurt after a while combined with the cleans. And i didn't do 50 weighted squats first, OMG!

I am certainly impressed![i][u] Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: BW Back Squats and Then Some   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:54 am

So yesterday was the culmination of a two-month goal -- 50 body weight back squats, unbroken, without setting down the bar. The goal was set at the end of November. We were told by Scott (the coach at CF Phoenix) that we were going to work on a back squat goal of 50 body weight back squats. That day we did 20. the next week we did 25, then 30, then 35 -- increased amounts each week. They were all difficult to accomplish. Then the holidays hit. Two weeks ago we did 40 body weight back squats. 40 was really hard. I thought i wasn't going to make it. It wasn't my legs that were the issue, it was getting enough air to keep going, and my arms that were exhausting. I knew that the 50 was coming up.

The night before I had a hard time sleeping. I was really restless. For some reason, i kept thinking of Dave Lipson and his squat challenge. And that made me think of Amanda Miller. I blogged about it as soon as I woke up - http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/2011/01/today-i-squat-for.html I became emotional, weepy, and i didn't know why. I was like that all day. Seriously -- weepy.

Class time came. We warmed up with back squats, at moderate weight, to get ready for the 50. Set of 5 -- i did 95-135-175. Then it came time for the 50. I had to go first... This is the moment when i really hate the fact that I weigh so much!!! 50 squats at 155#. Really????

I got to 15 and thought, holy crap... I don't know if I can do this... And I thought of Dave Lipson and Amanda Miller, and I kept going. I got to 30 and I thought that I did 40 two weeks ago, I could do 40 again. And I got to 40. When I hit 40, Scott said that it all counts now - this is where my reps start. The last set of 10. This is where it matters. And I thought again of Amanda, and I heard my friends pushing me, and I dug in and hit 50.

I racked the bar and fell to the ground and cried. I have only cried one other time in a WO, and that was a 9/11 WO we did. But I cried yesterday. And I'm sure I will again in the future.

But that wasn't the end of the WO. We then had to do the Chief! OMG... 5 3-minute AMRAPs of 3 power cleans (rx for me was 100#), 6 push ups and 9 squats, with 1-minute rest in between. Seriously, more squats, and power cleans! My legs were toast and I had to do more! I only did 4 rounds each set -- last time I did the Chief I did 5 rounds each set (at 95#). But I think i had a pretty good excuse this time...
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:04 am

Thanks E. it really was a good day -- 2 months of work leading up to yesterday. Unfortunately I had nothing left to give to the WOD! Go figure!

cougie wrote:
Hey L. Congrats. With all my heart and soul, congrats. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: 50 Bodyweight Squats   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:58 am

Hey L. Congrats. With all my heart and soul, congrats. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:01 am

It wasn't easy, that's for sure!!! DLs were good, but ring dips were slow. I got the first 7, then had t strat breaking them up. Next time I will be better... We also had an obstacle course of light construction down the walkway for the run. I had to jump over boards, cords and a circular saw! LOL.
cougie wrote:
HOLY FIRKBALLS! You did that at 185 in 11:43?

RAWR!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:55 am

HOLY FIRKBALLS! You did that at 185 in 11:43?

RAWR!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:33 am

1/29/11

Strict HSPUs for strength - 20 (not all in a row, but the first 3 were, and then sets of 2 thereafter)

then...

400M run
21-15-9 of
Deadlift (185#)
Ring dips
400M run

in 11:43

Today is a rest/skill day. Muscle up work, and that only...
Tomorrow is squatting... It's the bodyweight squat challenge day. Squat 50 reps of bodyweight. it's the day i despise my bodyweight and wished i weighed about 30# less!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lauriel's WO Log   Lauriel's WO Log - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lauriel's WO Log
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome. :: The Crapless Workout Logs-
Jump to: