Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jen's Workout Log

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jen

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Wednesday, February 16th   Jen's Workout Log EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:53 pm

‎2RM push presses at 88#!!!!! Then got one up at 93#, and failed the second! A PR, but not sure by how much. lol! I haven't done push presses in awhile...was doing straight presses for PTP, etc. Last written record of push presses was actually 10 months ago, when my 3RM was 75. Am going to start keeping better records. I need a new white board in my new garage just for my PRs!

5x5 Stronglifts Schedule B:
5x5 Back Squats and barbell rows at 58#
1x5 Deadlifts at 110

Then two minutes of box jump practice. Smile
Back to top Go down
jen

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Tuesday, February 15th   Jen's Workout Log EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Taught 45 minute high intensity spin class.

Then did my 5x5s at 58# (my weird little bar is 18#??!!): back squats, OH presses, chest presses. just realized as I typed it that it was supposed to be barbell rows today and the OH presses tomorrow. oh well.

Then did Lauriel's now famous 10 db kb cleans/squats WoD with a pair of 26# kettlebells. And I rowed instead of ran, because Ihaterunning. THere, I said it. ha! no excuses, at least. Was timing it, but had to stop twice to talk to the code enforcement man ticketing me for the pop up trailer the ex left in my driveway without telling me. So don't know my time....something way less than 24:11!

then did two minutes of box jump practice and then 1 min of double under practice. my knee was hurting, so I stopped a minute early.
Back to top Go down
cougie

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jen's Workout Log   Jen's Workout Log EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 am

hey.. you did box jumps! (i read it, i did!)
and drank and sang... great firkin work girl! so excited to see you with ms. patty and aly. wow!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
jen

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Saturday, February 12th   Jen's Workout Log EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:48 pm

OK...better late than never! lol!

So, Saturday, I was invited by Aly of Rx-Stars and our very own Ms. Patty, to work out with them down at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas. Turns out the whole thing was being videotaped and photographed for an amazing new campaign called You! Got Challenged! All I know for sure is that I! Got My Butt Kicked! But ohhhhhhhh, I remember how much I miss working out with others! and now I'm trying to figure out how to get back in with a group...either a box or the RxStars...hopefully after I move in a couple weeks and figure out finances I'll work something out!

So first we warmed up and stretched and then Aly had us pick partners. My partner was Glory Dawson! I knew she'd been at the games. I had NO idea until I googled her when I got home that she's the only CF athlete to compete in both the Affiliate competition and then the Individual competitions at the 2009 Games. All I know is that she was nicer than anything, stronger than shit, and is a wonderful person to keep you working your hardest!

The WOD was 30 seconds Mountain Climbers, 30 seconds rest...
30 seconds Flutter kicks, 30 seconds rest...
30 seconds Hollow Rocks, 30 seconds rest...
30 seconds Push ups, 30 seconds rest...
30 seconds walking lunges, 30 seconds rest...
30 seconds squats, 30 seconds rest...

You and your partner counted your reps, and added them together and wrote them in the sand. Then, after the whole thing was done, Aly said we're doing it again and we all have to get 5 more reps. Of course we all did, but it was definitely a workout! and I've never worked out in the sand before. That's just a special kind of suck all of it's own. I was wiped!

Then there was more...partner carries out, traveling burpees back, repeat. I was SO weak, that Patty had to carry me both times. I could not carry her and run. She hauled ass with me. Yes, that embarrasses me to admit, but I was trying as hard as I can. And I promised her that I'd carry her next time!

Then box jumps. I hateamdeathlyscared of box jumps over 18". and haven't done them in over a year. and was actually shaking. shaking?! wtf? Aly paired me with the bestest box jumper, Jess, and we had to do 100 all together. once again, I am totally embarrassed to say she did 75 in less time than it took me to do 25. BUT...I have worked on my box jumps for two minutes every day since Saturday and they're already improving. . So I'm not going to dwell, just practice!

and then....me and Patty ate lots of crap and drank mojitos and sang very loudly and did the hokey pokey. it was a good day overall!
Back to top Go down
jen

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Friday, February 11th   Jen's Workout Log EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Yesterday was a rest day. Today was going to be my 5x5 and then kbs. Then Patty and Aly invited me down to one of those hellishly brutal moonlight beach workouts that patty posts about (that I just read and am now more scared than before!!!) and since it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about how out of my league I will be, I am making myself do it. Sort of like walking into crossfit the first time! lol

so today just did the stronglifts, workout A, day 2...still super super light. wanted to play around heavier when I'm done. But fear of the unknown tomorrow is keeping me from doing anything more. I want to be as fresh as possible out there! lol!

5x5 back squats and overhead presses @ 50
1x5 deadlifts @ 95

God, that looks like an anemic workout!

Back to top Go down
jen

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jen's Workout Log   Jen's Workout Log EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Halo demo...with cute young guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPKoas303A

Tactical lunges... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swzj5nzZ8OQ ...back with the leg on the same side as you're holding the 'bell. so if you're holding the bell in your right hand, you lunge back with your right leg.

around the worlds... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMvLNcvT650.

Smile
Back to top Go down
cougie

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jen's Workout Log   Jen's Workout Log EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:25 am

Welcome jen!!!!!
Back to top Go down
woobums

woobums

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jen's Workout Log   Jen's Workout Log EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Funny, Karin - I have the same questions!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jen's Workout Log   Jen's Workout Log EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:48 am

2) halos (5 ea. direction)
3) Tactical lunges (10 total)
9) around the worlds (5 ea. direction)

I can probably google tactical lunge and around the world...but i have a feeling "halo" is going to get me video games, religion and medical equipment....and i'm guessing this isn't any of those.
Back to top Go down
jen

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Jen's Workout Log   Jen's Workout Log EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 am

Ok...not even going to try and play catch up...will just start with today's workouts and go from there! lol!

Let's see....

7 am did my 5x5 Stronglift, which I just started Monday. DId 5x5 back squats, chest presses and barbell rows all at 50#.

3:45 - 4:30 7 rounds of : (all exercises using the 26# kettlebell)
1) 30 single ropes
2) halos (5 ea. direction)
3) Tactical lunges (10 total)
4) 10 Russian Swings
5) Farmer's walk (40 steps total)
6) 30 single ropes
7) 10 KB sit ups
Cool 10 pushups
9) around the worlds (5 ea. direction)
10) presses (5 ea. side)

7:45 messed around with my pump class because I was having them do drop sets and I LOVE drop sets!
So the weight progression was 2x35 kb, 2x26 kb, 2x 20 kb, 2x18 kb, 2x 15 db, 2x12 db, 2x10 db. You start heavy and keep doing reps until you lose form or have to rest. then you move immediately to the next lowest weight and perform the same exercise, all the way to the end. Then go back to thte top and work down for another exercise. Did presses, biceps, triceps, bent rows, and high pulls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jen's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jen's Workout Log   Jen's Workout Log Empty

Back to top Go down

Jen's Workout Log
Page 1 of 1