Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Master's Competition

Go down 
+3
Admin
cougie
Lauriel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
woobums

woobums

Master's Competition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Masters are going to have four age divisions (45-50, 50-55, 55-60, 60+) and will compete in the Opens.

This from the crossfit games blog.

CROSSFIT GAMES BLOG
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:33 am

I was just curious in general, you don't have to look it up, no big deal. Smile

At 34, i'm too young. And with my stupid knee issues, i'm not competing in anything. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 5:56 am

age groups 45-49, 50-54, 55-59 I think... something like that. I'd have to look it up... Does anyone know fo rsure?
Back to top Go down
http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Is masters over 40 or over 50 or what?
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:56 pm

oh yeah baby. let's see what the ol cougie mama can do. Good luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 am

Good luck this weekend Kelly! Let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
KellyGuillory

KellyGuillory

PostSubject: 45+ Kicks butt   Master's Competition EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Hey, let's chill and focus on what we do best... kicking butt! I'm gearing up for the Masters Competition this year by entering the OPEN ELITE Competition in the "Fittest Games" competition in Austin, TX Feb. 13! I'm not scared of the younger kittens! They are going down!
Back to top Go down
http://kguillory.blogspot.com/
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks jill, I think what concerns me the most is that the masters is the entire world at sectionals... The top 20 for each age group goes to games. We have no regionals. So the gene pool is huge, with lots of room for errors. I will definatly go for it, i just hope I stand a chance. That's what i really want, a chance to really compete. I guess we will see. i will continue to track my progress, and maybe this group can help a little...

Tomorrow is more body weight back squats... I sometimes hate hate hate weighing 155!!!!! of course, in the morning after a good trip to the bathroom and no clothes on! LOL. goal is 50. Two weeks ago it was 40... fingers crossed... E, you'll be there, right???

jillarnp wrote:
Lauriel, I was a judge at both sectionals and regional competition last year, we were in Seattle, we didn't HAVE 20 folks to send total that competed, and only one, the Games winner was at that level, Laurie blew the MEN out of the water. What I have seen of your states you have an excellent shot...go for it!
Back to top Go down
jillarnp

jillarnp

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Lauriel, I was a judge at both sectionals and regional competition last year, we were in Seattle, we didn't HAVE 20 folks to send total that competed, and only one, the Games winner was at that level, Laurie blew the MEN out of the water. What I have seen of your states you have an excellent shot...go for it!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:11 am

Lauriel wrote:
Thanks E. I know it's a work in progress... But I'm also realistic. I thought I might make regionals. Not sure about Games. That's a huge leap. There are so many super qualified and strong women out there, and this is a WW qualifier, not regional. Lots of room for error, lots of opportunity for expertise. So, I guess we will see... It sure will be fun trying!

cougie wrote:
L... it's an ongoing work in progress. I know it's not what you want most, but still..... you are a strong athlete and have every chance in the world to make it into the top 20...

I'm rootin for ya!!!!

L.... sure there are lots. And you are clearly one of them!!!!! So blinders on girl... and GO!
Back to top Go down
https://nomorecrap.forumotion.com
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:07 am

Thanks E. I know it's a work in progress... But I'm also realistic. I thought I might make regionals. Not sure about Games. That's a huge leap. There are so many super qualified and strong women out there, and this is a WW qualifier, not regional. Lots of room for error, lots of opportunity for expertise. So, I guess we will see... It sure will be fun trying!

cougie wrote:
L... it's an ongoing work in progress. I know it's not what you want most, but still..... you are a strong athlete and have every chance in the world to make it into the top 20...

I'm rootin for ya!!!!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:58 am

I'm rootin for ya!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Master's Competition   Master's Competition EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:28 am

So, yesterday HQ announced that the masters comp will really take place at the sectional level. Masters will compete WW at the sectional level and the top 20 men and 20 women in each age bracket will go to the games. There will be no regionals for the masters. Kind of a bummer. That means that masters need to qualify for games or go home, so to speak. And who is to say they are really getting the best 20??? No one will judge the masters at the regional level. This troubles me... But it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Master's Competition   Master's Competition Empty

Back to top Go down

Master's Competition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome. :: The Crapless Workout Logs-
Jump to: