Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :)

Go down 
+2
KarinFranklin
cynthiaj
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cynthiaj

cynthiaj

Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: morning fun   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Beautiful balmy morning, so I went for a short run around my block, then rowed my favorite warmup (3 mins at 22spm, 2 mins at 25spm, 1 min at 28spm), some shoulder mobility and OHS, then:

1 Shoulder press, 3 Push Press, 5 Push Jerks - 35, 39.4, 45, 49.4, 55, 59.4, 65 pounds

Super, super careful since I haven't been able to put anything overhead since the end of September. All but the 65 felt really good. Very conscious of the quick hips on the PP and PJ, and extremely conscious of wrist position overhead.

I'd have done Front Squats too, but it's time to go speed dating with our bunny, Twix. albino
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :)   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:06 am

love your non avatar and WELCOME!
Back to top Go down
cynthiaj

cynthiaj

PostSubject: avatars   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:25 am

she says "I don't want to use avatars" and "no avatar chosen" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :)   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:09 am

My French is nearly non-existant...What is your avatar saying?
Back to top Go down
cynthiaj

cynthiaj

PostSubject: Thursday, 2/3/2011   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:06 am

Had the girls work out first again today, first time they've ever done back squats! Kept it light but they thought it was heavy Smile as they did sets of 5 at 15#, 19.4# and 23.8# (yep, 15# bar, plus itty-bitty metal plates in kgs - makes for a good math workout too).

Then I did a rowing warmup, Burgener w/u with PVC, and settled into some back squats myself. I am SOOOOOO spooked by them. Jason was always telling me I had too much forward inclination, and now I'm afraid to go heavy. Eileen, got any insight on forward inclination? I remember you got some tips last week! Anyway, wimpy wimpy wimpy numbers due to that mental niggle and the fact that I've been off for 4 months.

Sets of 5 at 35#, 45,55,65,79 (switched to kg plates!), 89,99, 109.

Kept telling myself "strong strong strong" on the last few, and that helped. a wee bit on the toes on a couple but most felt pretty darned good. At least a bit of a confidence boost. Nearly dropped the bar when Miley Cyrus started up on my iPod - don't know where she came from Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :)   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:06 am

wwwwwelllllllcccoooommmmmmeeeeeee!!!!
Back to top Go down
cynthiaj

cynthiaj

PostSubject: Re: Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :)   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi Patty 'Laughing' and Karin - it's great to be here with you! Karin, I'm lucky my youngest daughter (just turned 15) and her friend from Pony Club have both asked to start CrossFitting with me again after about a year's break. They have fun together and let me enjoy a bit of coaching now that I've stopped teaching classes. The neat thing is that they know from experience that CF improves their riding; we'd love to get a group of Pony Clubbers together but I just can't commit to anything big right now.
Back to top Go down
MsPattyR

PostSubject: Re: Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :)   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:55 am

YAAYYYY Cynthia's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! alien
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :)   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:15 am

"Had my daughter and her friend do Fight Gone Bad together first." You are a cool mom!

Never done the bear complex thing yet. A lot of things i've avoided with the whole knee obnoxiousness. Glad the thumb is doing better for you. That has to be annoying...was it your dominant hand?
Back to top Go down
cynthiaj

cynthiaj

PostSubject: Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :)   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:50 pm

How nice to have a place to post my workouts - I've been "homeless" for a long time!

Had my daughter and her friend do Fight Gone Bad together first Smile then after a warmup, I had a go at the Bear Complex. It's been a loooong time since I've done that one, but I love it. First WOD with cleans & presses in it in 4 months (silly little thumb injury!) so I went light on the weights; I've definitely lost strength while waiting for that little muscle to heal. 2 minutes between rounds:

35# - 1:51
45# - 2:27
55# - 2:44
65# - 2:30 (videoed this one, must have made me move faster!)
73.8# - 4:11 (eek. well, at least I don't have a buttwink anymore)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :)   Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cynthia's Cynsational Workout log :)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2