Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sonya's Workout Log

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sbornheimer

Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Really   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Tell me more.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:34 pm

sbornheimer wrote:
We're going to do FGB today. I'm scared but game.

We're going to do something called "March '11 Painstorm" Doesn't sound encouraging...

FGB is one of my favorites!
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: um   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 pm

We're going to do FGB today. I'm scared but game.
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Today's Workout   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:48 pm

WOD:
3 rounds for time of:
50 Situps
25 Thrusters, 45
7 Muscle-ups

22:12
1st round 50 Situps
25 Thrusters, 27
14 scaled Muscle-ups

2nd & 3rd rounds 25 situps

PR - 100 double unders - not consecutively, working on that. :-)

Had a tooth pulled last week and have been out of commission. Missed it!
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Hmmm   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 pm

A kip huh? I'll go on youtube so that I see the rhythm of it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:22 am

Once you figure out the kip, you may be able to do them now (without the band). I think i finally "got" it shortly after i did max band pullups. Because with a fairly weak band, i needed to start kipping to do 38 in a row. It was happily doing only kipping pullups for a while and eventually decided to start working on doing deadhang pullups with no kip. Now i can do several of those in a row but for workouts with a lot of pullups, i still kip all of them.
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: hehehehe   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:38 am

Don't worry Karin, love the dare devil stuff!

I was actually scared to try it but our coach, Eric, insists on making us move on when the time is right. It's a beautiful thing.

And, yes, I found a band that was zooming me up. I really want to get those pull-ups. To me that's ultimate strength.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Band pullups are super-fun! If you find a strong enough band and you bounce right you can totally slingshot yourself upward. Zoom! Very Happy (yeah, yeah, more daredevil crap from Karin. Don't worry, i hold on tight). bounce
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Oh   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:35 pm

And tried pull-ups with a band for the first time today.

Gettin' strong noooowwww!
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Today's Workout   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:36 pm

WOD:
“Mary”
20 minute AMRAP of:
5 HSPU
10 Pistols
15 Pull-ups

Scaled down - 10 HSPU on box (knees)
10 Pistols
15 Ring pull-ups

5 Rounds and 3 scaled HSPU's on the box

Fun. My neck is feeling stiff though.
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:51 am

S... first the knees UP.. then..

THE WORLD! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Knee ups   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Karin,

Knee ups are not hard like your dare devil self likes, hahahah, they're just a scale down because I can't do toes to the bar. :-)

Sonya
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Yesterday   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:29 am

Didn't do anything yesterday. Got a deep tissue massage. The masseur talked throughout. Don't know what got into him. He's usually quiet. Dang!
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: hehehe   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Go to www.crossfitmetropolis.com and scroll down to Tuesdays WOD, you'll see me in between two folks climbing that wall, Cous. :-)

Oh, and I love doubleunders. I only did 37 and not consecutively but I'm diggin' them.

S.
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Love the wall climbs. I have seen then done when I had kneezilla in a brace and couldn't try them. Now I wanna!!!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Hey S.. same with me on pushups. I thought I was bad ass cuz I could do pushups.

HA! I was on my knees for months before starting to do them strict!

So.. good on you girl!

As for HSPUS.. I still don't have them. there isn't enough time in the day it seems to do everything and "get" everything. Right now, it's all about doubleunders.

So glad you are here!!! BAM!
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:49 am

sbornheimer wrote:
I like GHDs too. I would have done more but there was only 1 machine and other peeps waiting.

Today I did a very short Capoeira work-out - 20 minutes with the ginga and some acrobatics

15 minutes of scaled down HSPUs because I just gotto get those

And, Lauriel, remember you said that you did Crossfit in your garage for about a year before you realized you weren't deep enough in your squat? Well, that can be said for what I thought I was doing for push-ups. I just knew I was doing like 20 and then I went to Crossfit and they were like, naw, girl, you gotto get ALL THE WAY DOWN. And when I tried, I couldn't even do 1!!!! I was like, Whaaaaaat? Then I had to go to my knees and have been doing that ever since and TODAY, I did my first 5 the right way. Is that considered a PR?

Hahahah

And, Karin, about those knees, hummmmm, I got one for you too.

And, E, how ya doin' Gurl?

What's cool is that it is like getting PRs all over again! YAY!
Back to top Go down
http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Wall climbs sound fun (but hard).

Knee ups? Like knees to elbows on rings?

I love the "money stuff" Any upside down or hanging off something... lol. monkey
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Today's WOD   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:59 pm

14:01

Supposed to be 10 pull-ups but I scaled with
10 ring pull ups & 10 knee ups
20 OHS w/25 lbs
400m run

Had a great time. I actually didn't feel like doing anything today after those wall climbs on Tuesday. Felt old and evil but that turned around. Class was full of young women. Holler!
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Wall Climbs - Welp   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 am

Karin,

The torturous wall climbs:

You start out chest down on the floor like the beginning of a push up with feet against the wall. Push up and start to walk your feet on the wall. Walk your hands into the wall and try to touch your chest to the wall. Walk your hands out to the push up position again and chest to the floor.

OMG, after a while, I could only do one, rest, one, rest. With all that said, I want to tackle them again.

S.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 pm

"Wall climbs"? Like a climbing wall? How high?
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Today's WOD   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:26 pm

WOD
5 rounds of
10 wall climbs
10 toes to bar
20 box jumps
Clock ran for 30 minutes

I did 3 rounds and 5 more wall climbs, toes to bar scaled, box jumps sometimes stepped up

HAAAARRRD!

My lower back is hurting and the left side of my neck. This WOD was no joke.
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Hey y'all   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:44 pm

I like GHDs too. I would have done more but there was only 1 machine and other peeps waiting.

Today I did a very short Capoeira work-out - 20 minutes with the ginga and some acrobatics

15 minutes of scaled down HSPUs because I just gotto get those

And, Lauriel, remember you said that you did Crossfit in your garage for about a year before you realized you weren't deep enough in your squat? Well, that can be said for what I thought I was doing for push-ups. I just knew I was doing like 20 and then I went to Crossfit and they were like, naw, girl, you gotto get ALL THE WAY DOWN. And when I tried, I couldn't even do 1!!!! I was like, Whaaaaaat? Then I had to go to my knees and have been doing that ever since and TODAY, I did my first 5 the right way. Is that considered a PR?

Hahahah

And, Karin, about those knees, hummmmm, I got one for you too.

And, E, how ya doin' Gurl?
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:28 pm

That's the thing. It might be different for other people, but i go pretty far back (i don't actually touch the floor most of the time but being 5 feet tall that would difficult...arms too short). Even if i do 100+ in one workout they don't make my abs THAT sore. They do trash my ability to do a lot of situps fast for the next couple of days but that's about it. Either i'm doing them wrong or i'm just not that prone to problems with them. I am pretty good at core-related exercises, though.

Still my CF affiliate tends to sub regular situps for GHDs for our newer people. Better to be overcautious than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:50 am

KarinFranklin wrote:
I like GHDs. I'm not sure why everyone thinks they're so horrible. They're actually kind of fun. And certainly not the most uncomfortable member of the situp family.

Interestingly... There are more and more cases of rhabdo being reported after WODs utilizing GHD sit ups. I believe that it is Catalyst athletics (I'd have to check) that has been collecting data on rhabdo. More incidents are stemming from use of GHD in WODs. Ironically, a friend of mine works with someone who just got rhabdo from doing the P90X ab workout.

Nothing will get you more sore than a WO with GHD sit ups in it, which is possible the onset of rhabdo, if you're not careful. Could be why people hate them. Also could be the movement itself (upside down, extension, back arching, you name it). who knows...
Back to top Go down
http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonya's Workout Log   Sonya's Workout Log - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonya's Workout Log
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next