Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Um.... Karin's page? lol

Go down 
+6
woobums
cougie
Admin
robertdorf
Lauriel
KarinFranklin
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KarinFranklin

Um.... Karin's page? lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:36 pm

pushups where your feet are higher than your head, like on a box or whatever. Harder than regular push-ups but easier than handstand push-ups.
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: hey karin   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:26 pm

What are decline push-ups?
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:24 am

For time:

9-8-7-6

decline pushups
sdhp (35# kb)
back ext
pull-ups
burpees
kbs

punctuated every 2 minutes by a run across the building, up the stairs, to the exit door and back.

21:00
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Well, i'm not sure it was a good idea, but i ended up running instead of rowing today. The 3 new people who showed up needed the 3 rowers. And anyway i'm not sure if my grip would hold out for 20 minutes of endless rowing and max pull-ups...

................................................................................

Warm-up
:

Max push-ups in 2 minutes: 81
Max sit-ups in 2 minutes: 104

.................................................................................

WOD: "Nicole"

20 min. AMRAP of 400m runs and max pull-ups

6 rounds completed. Pull-ups: 14-8-10-11-10-9

................................................................................

50 ball slams (20#)

Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:18 am

another thing about the CF Regionals that amazed me is Jeremy Mhire (like Meyer). During the aforementioned workout he was...not grimacing...but grinning. I mentioned this to someone and they said he did the same thing during another workout they saw...when Jeremy was in last place. One tends to associate these workouts with, i dunno, grim determination. And yet here, during a workout that looked just horribly miserable, apparent joy. Pretty amazing.

last night i gave blood....about 12 hours later i started my CF WOD. I don't think i'll be doing these two in that order, that close again. First my arm sprung a leak. Then i started having to abort a lot of overhead squats because i was feeling alarmingly lightheaded just standing there with the bar. But i got through it. Took me forever and a day to catch my breath and unscramble my brains but i'm alright. No harm done, i'm sure. It's like the opposite of "blood doping" Wink

"warmup(s)"

max knees-to-elbows without leaving the bar: 43

rest

max plank hold: 7:08 (holy crap, i held that for 7 minutes?!)

brief rest (since everyone else was done with their planks ages ago...)

max wall balls in 5 minutes(shoulders already rather tired from plank) 75

WOD:

5 rounds for time of:

400m run row
5 overhead squats (60#)
10 pull-ups
5 box jumps step-ups
10 kettlebell snatches (5 each arm - 30#)

24:54
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Wow   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:52 am

What a time. Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:34 am

5/31

Saturday, after i got off work, I went down (up, really...) to Navy Pier in Chicago to see Dan Sullivan compete in the CrossFit North Central Regionals. I only got to see one WOD, but did get to see 4 heats of it (2 womens, then 2 mens). It was 100 each of pull-ups, kettlebell swings, double-unders and overhead squats. Most the competitors did not finish it in the allotted 25 minutes. Half the guys were bleeding, blood on the bars, blood on the kettlebells...it looked really awful, even by CF standards. Dan finished 10th overall at the regionals. the top 3 go on to the CF Games this summer.
I also met one of my FB friends in person for the first time. So it was a good time.

Sunday was not Paleo. Sunday was not even sensible. Sunday night i had 6 beers and an entire frozen pizza! Shocked

Tuesday WOD 1: Tabata row. 46 calories total.

WOD 2: 30 man-makers w/20 lb dumbells, only Dan Lekki forgot the lunge part and no one felt compelled to remind him so it was just pushup, row, row, pushup, push-press (9:40)
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Good idea   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:45 am

I think I'll warm up with burpees today.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:28 am

warmup: 25 burpees

wod: 6 rnds for time:

400m row
10 deadlift (95#)
10 ball slams (15#)
10 push press (55#)

24:22

Played around with some clean and jerks before we put the bars away. I was tired, so i only went up to 100#
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:34 am

warmup: 2x750 m row

20 min AMRAP

3 pull-ups
3 dips
8 decline push-ups
8 kbs (44#)

11 rnds + pull-ups and dips

The kbs were the hardest thing, by far. I haven't done many kbs lately, much less heavy-ish ones. Forgot how hard they are, lol.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:23 pm

"Karen" (150 wall balls for time). NOT a favorite! 9:31

(which is not that bad for me... I've only done this once before, almost 2 years ago. I did it 8 seconds slower then and used an 8 lb ball (as opposed to 16 tonight). I don't know how people can do it in like 4 minutes. Chris and Dan both did it in like 5 minutes, it was a "bad" time for both of them, and they scarcely stopped at all....

....with 6 minute worth of 1 minute each alternating plank holds and wall sits....

Last edited by KarinFranklin on Tue May 24, 2011 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:23 am

Thursday: Rollerbladed about a dozen miles!

Saturday 5/21/2011: "Purgatory"

25 min. AMRAP

Row 400m (Subbed rowing for the running parts)
20 push-ups
10 pull-ups
20 dips (for the last round, i used a band, the rest were unassisted)
10 Hang Power Clean 20 lbs (each)
10 Knees-to-elbows

4 rounds + a little rowing
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:25 pm

That's the hope!
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: hmmm   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Maybe that cortisone shot will keep them from hurting.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:11 pm

accidentally posted the last WOD under my other thread. Too lazy to fix it right now.

Today i played hookey from CF and rollerbladed instead. About a dozen miles. I was really tired by the time i finished. It's been almost 2 years since i skated like that. I'd forgotten how hard it can be when you aren't used to it. Still waiting on the delayed-reaction knee verdict, but i think i'll be okay...
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Ah Karin   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Those burpees, they just wanna kill a gurl.

We did 105 in our WOD today.

I'm sorry you whacked your knee with the bar.

S.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:04 am

I'm starting to think the knees don't like snatches. Why snatches in particular? (I mean, besides the fact that i managed to twack them with the bar today...i usually managed to avoid that...)

warm-up jump rope practice.

wod 1: "Jeremy"

21-15-9

OHS (55# I haven't done too many OHS in a long time so i went pretty light)
burpees (surprisingly, the burpees were the harder part of this)

7:21

wod 2: 21-15-9

step-jumps (well, BJ, but i don't DO box jumps...)
power snatches (55#)
pull-ups

10:56

muscle-up practice. Or what i could manage of it... Dallas commented on how much my hands were shaking, lol.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:59 am

"You're running." Yeah, 2.5 miles total in one day and my knees lived to tell about it. Wink

got there early and practiced snatches and some other stuff

warm-up: 1000m row.

WOD: 4 rnds of 5 minute AMRAP. 1 minute active rest between rounds (alternating planks and wall sits)

5 wallballs
5 toes to bar
5 push press (65#)

4 and 1/3, 5 1/3, 5, 4 1/3

I'm getting pretty good at toes-to-bar, though i still can't do it as fast as i can do knees to elbows (it's kind of a two step thing for me whereas with knes to elbows it's one very fast continuous thing). But i get my toes all the way over the bar and i'm told i look "bad-ass". lol.
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: :-)   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:25 pm

you're running, cool.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:03 am

Warmed up with some rowing, mb cleans, back extensions and running...

"Michael" 3 rnds for time:
800m run
50 back extensions
50 sit-ups (i think these are possibly supposed to be GHD, but we've always done this workout with regular ones. That sounds pretty brutal. I've done 150 GHD situps in one workout before, but not in sets of 50. And i have an easier time with them than most people..)

22:55. 2 minutes slower than last time, but i'm okay with that. Last time i didn't have to run across the building and up the stairs to get to my run. And last time (a long time ago, actually. Fall of 2009), i'd been doing more running (and a lot of rollerblading with steep hills). Before my knees decided they hated me. It's another one of those situations where i'm just grateful to be able to do the workout at all and gave it my best shot.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:55 pm

Much happier. But the fact that they can get so monumentally UNhappy without a clear and obvious provocation is scary. I'm always waiting for the next problem...and wondering what, if anything, i did wrong...but anyway...

Tabata row...like i said, it was not that bad. Bad is 500m rowing sprints, all out. Repeatedly. Bad is the "the 12 days of Christmas", almost an hour into it, exhausted and bleeding (my hands). I'll take the rowing Tabata any day. Wink
Back to top Go down
cynthiaj

cynthiaj

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:46 pm

well done Karin! hope your knees are getting happier Smile and good job on the Tabata rowing.. I like that about as much as Tabata running.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:38 am

Well, like i said, i'd hope to end this week off with sunshine and rainbows and happy knees. As it is, i've pretty much gotten over the latest flare-up and back to the baseline level of suck. So it goes. :shrug:

Tabata Something Else

(I'm going guess that you probably all know what Tabata means) All numbers are lowest reps in a 20 second period:

Pull-ups (kipping): 6
Push-ups: 12
Sit-ups (anchored): 16
Squats: 15

My previous score listed on the board from a long-ass time ago was 44 (49 this time)...and that was probably band pull-ups (that or jumping, but i'm guessing band). This is the first time i haven't substituted something else for the squats in many moon. So, in other words, first time i've done it Rxed (assuming anchored is allowed for the sit-ups).
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 7:08 pm

My knees don't feel good but they're hanging in there. I'd had high hopes that this vacation would make them all happy but as i already mentioned, they decided it was time for an obnoxious flare-up on the eve of my first day off. So it goes.

Tabata row. I dreaded this a bit. And i shouldn't have. Because, compared to the 4x500m rowing sprints last month (tight races with Monica, too), this was a cakewalk. I'm trying to think of something worse than the 4x500m rowing sprints and i can't think of much. Hansen. The 12 days of Christmas. Running "suicides" in soccer in HS...that's about it. Anyway, this wasn't bad. 56 cal. (total). Rowing will never be my forte. I have no legs, lol. (Barely over 5 feet tall).

50 burpees for time (3:15), 8 seconds slower than last time. So it goes.

50 pushpress (50#) for time (3:07). I rested too much. I didn't want to get my arms too tired and slow way down but...i think i was too cautious. I should have been able to do this in under 3, surely.
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:37 pm

"I'm going to take it easy." Bullshit. I'm scarcely capable and that's the truth.

15 min. AMRAP:

5 pull-ups
10 hang power snatches (55#)
10 ball slams (20#)

8 rnds + pull-ups

and then some ghds and back extensions and dips and some plank holds (one of them for 3 minutes), hallow rock....

The knees feel okay now. They always feel okay right after i've exercised. We'll see if they wake me up tonight like Tuesday night/Wednesday morning...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Um.... Karin's page? lol   Um.... Karin's page? lol Empty

Back to top Go down

Um.... Karin's page? lol
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome. :: The Crapless Workout Logs-
Jump to: