Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat Clean (No Crap!). Train Smart. Be Awesome.

Workout Logs for people who want a No Crap Life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs

Go down 
+3
fedchick95
cougie
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sbornheimer

Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Reminder   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:13 pm

to post your WOD
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 am

we'll just have to harass you on FB to do it!

Congrats on the DL PR!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: March 10 to Now   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:06 am

It is like.. pulling teeth to consistently post my workouts. The whole purpose of this board is to have one place where it's all here....
OK

March 10 at CrossFit Full Strength

3 rounds
Row 500
20 Front Squats @75#
11:14

March 11 @ CrossFit Phoenix

30 Burpees for being late

DL 3x3x3x3x3
135 165 180 190x2 - Failed BUT my old 1rm was 200.. long long time ago before knee surgery. So my one rep is over 200. YAY!

WOD

Amrap in 12 minutes
5 DL @ 135#
10 Kettle Bell Cleans for each hand @35# in each hand
8 rounds plus 10 kb cleans

Farmers Carry - 400m w/2 44lb kettlebells

Monday

Row 1000m
30 OHS @83
Run a mile - ran too short! didn't pay attention so I didn't post my time but I definitely PR'd my row. Don't remember my time. ARGH!

Today: Double unders and Snatches!
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: Hmmm   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:00 pm

I like that sled pulling, it looks hard but dope.
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:59 am

cougie wrote:
AMRAP 20 minutes

3 ring rows
6 Front Squats at 80#
9 Pushups
12 rounds

Then: Pull a sled with 70# 400m

FUN!!!

It was fun!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://laurielluther.blogspot.com/
cougie

PostSubject: Monday March 8   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:46 am

AMRAP 20 minutes

3 ring rows
6 Front Squats at 80#
9 Pushups
12 rounds

Then: Pull a sled with 70# 400m

FUN!!!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Friday march 4th   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Really. It's not hard to go workout. It's really hard to log every day. I suck at consistency. It plagues me. So this is my attempt.
Food logging - I'm not logging right now. I got to where I needed to be and feel OK about how I am eating. (changes on a minute by minute basis)

Sunday - Feb 27th

Wittman with the GIRLS

7 Rounds
15 KB Swings 0 1 pd
15 Hang Power Cleans 63#
15 Box Jump (did step ups) 17:37

Mon and Tues? Damned if I know.

Wed March 2

OHS at CrossFit Flagstaff

70 x 5
75 x 5
85 x 3
95 x 4

Pullup Ladder at CrossFit Phoenix - made it through round 12 (78 pullups)

Thursday - OFF

OK. gonna try to be more consistent with this. !!!!
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:07 am

You live in AZ, how cold can it be? tongue

Last winter i did CF in an unheated garage in a Chicago suburb. Single-digit temps sometimes. When it got up to 40 it was like a heatwave. The air was cold but the kettlebells and bars were colder. (Now we're in a poorly-heated racquetball court. Water stays liquid. I'm not going to complain).

Get out there and kick some ass!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:14 am

It's Sunday Morning.
It's Cold.
I'm tired.
I want to hang out in bed.
I want to do nothing.

So.. that means it's off to CrossFit Phoenix to do our "girl session".

Because I can lay in bed for the rest of the day, but the girls are only gonna be there this morning.

Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:04 am

E, don't be frustrated about the lifts and taking a step back. It's just part of what happens. it also happened to me... You will get there again, and then some, because the technique will be better. So not only will you have strength, but technique. Trust me... When i was working out in my garage, I thought I was hitting numbers taht were amazing... Then i went to CF PHX and was told to go deeper on the squats, pull the deadlift up all the way with a flat back, don't jerk the press, etc. My numbers went down, down, down. Within about 6 months they were back to where they were. Same is true of the oly lifts... so patience Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Wed Feb 23 and Monday Feb 21   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:31 am

I've been remiss! My computer has been acting up and every time I tried to post here it froze. But.. all fixed now!

Monday Feb 21

Squat 3x3 then 3 x2

155 - had troubles with 155. First, didn't hit bottom. Then, dumped it. DAMN.

3x 2
stayed at 145 for all three rounds. Form, form, form. Stay straight and hit bottom.

WOD
Snatch work with PVC (cuz i am re-learning EVERYTHING)
Then, every minute for 15 minutes
2 rounds, used 53#

snatch pull
power snatch
snatch push press
OHS

THEN... 30 deadhang pullups (assisted).

I am frustrated at being taken back to step one on my lifts, given how long I've been doing this. BUT, I am also very happy that I'm finally being trained in proper form. There is no substitute!

________

Wed. Feb 23

Shoulder Press 3 x 5
Made it to 85x4, failed on last rep

Push Press 5 x 3
really sucked at the PP. Was having a hard time getting aggressive. Really bad day!
105 x 3
110 - failed

Push Jerk 3 x 3
Did them from the back. Purpose was to learn how to push the bar STRAIGHT UP.
Stayed at 95 to get my form. finally got it. BAM

WOD
RUN
200, 400, 800, 400, 200
400 times: 1:31, then 1:34
800 3:18

THEN
25 unassisted dips.

HOLLA!
Back to top Go down
MsPattyR

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:57 am

E you articulated that beautifully Smile
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:18 am

OH. And just for fun, today I am about to take Lucy the Dog on a Canal Walk. I'm bringing my jumprope and am going to practice doubelunders. Then, it will be WOD time later this afternoon.

Yay rehabbing and getting your DUs back!
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:10 am

Hey.. thanks y'all.. It's interesting to see ourselves in the others here. I can so easily look at someone who is injured or hurting and say TAKE IT EASY! But when it happens to me? Well, I need all of you to do the same. So... I think it gets down to how much of ourselves we define through workouts or crossfit or hitting our physical goals. If we have balance (I had to look it up in the dictionary to spell it right), if we "lose" one thing for awhile,we easily fill up the gaps with others. I don't have much balance. If you haven't guessed. And I think Jenn and you (Lauriel) probably spend more of your lives focused on and devoted to training than most I know. So... it's the lesson to diversify.. not get too attached to one thing.. etc.

OK! LOGS.

Sunday was "Girl's Day" at xfit Phoenix.

WOD
Lift 4000 pounds over your head, shoulder to overhead.
Max Pullups every time to put the bar down.

Well! Given that my shoulder had just started to feel better, i did....

160 reps of 35#. Ba ha ha ha ha!
And rather than pullups, did situps.

That is a lesson in modifying and scaling to get it done. My badass counterparts lifted a lot heavier bars and did far fewer reps. But you know what? I FIRKIN DID IT. So there.

Food Logs - I am trying to stay consistent. Not my strong point but will get over there and do it.

MUAH!

Razz
Back to top Go down
sbornheimer

PostSubject: E   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Sorry for the rough week and the shoulder. Yay for the run! cheers
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Congrats on being able to run! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:30 pm

E, sometimes you are a bit hard on yourself. We are all struggling with things. They change form one day to another. sometime the focus on them makes us struggle more, sometime less. But you do life well, and better than most. And that you can be proud of, no matter if there is a beer involved or not. You are strong minded, stron willed, and strong in character. You will do anything you set your mind on, this I know!

I said something to Jen this morning, that I will say to you as well. She heard a song that brought back the memory of her PR clean and jerk. Sh was bumming about her injury and depressed that she was so far away from her clean and jerk PR of last year -- the long road ahead, etc. i told her to try not to internalize it too much, that it ws only a song, and that these are only workouts, and both of us (or we all) need to remember that. i find that sometime I get way too caught up in it all, and that it's just not worth it. Life is good, and that's what I want to be caught up in - life, and living it well.

So, E, live life, and live it well, and don't get too caught up in it all. Remember that you do life better than most, and you truly are amazing.
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Week of the 14th   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:50 pm

My my I am remiss!

This is Deload Week at xfit Phoenix. The most important thing is that I ran a mile for the first time since about April of 2010.. and felt GREAT! On a less happy note, I pulled my shoulder doing one handed kettlebell swings and am determined to not make this a real injury. I had shoulder issues before the knee went out and so far I've been fine. I'm going to rest it and heal it rather than push hard. DAMN.

I was remiss on the food logs. Giving up the beer has been a far greater challenge this time than last. I have felt an enormous, unstoppable craving for sugar and carbs that is really kicking my ass. If it's about the beer or just.. I dunno... it's awful. I am starting to feel more balanced today but seriously, this has been a very rough week.

Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Monday Feb 14th   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:36 am

Two hikes in Sedona - One relatively flat, approx 45 minutes, one straight up and down, approx 1 hour.

Food Logs

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=TheCougie

Today is DAY 1 of no beer for 30 days! yesterday morning I woke up and simply thought - it's time. Nothing dramatic or complicated. It's just time.
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:58 am

karin.. he says he will.. but it has to be on his own time. or at least he has to believe that.

Razz Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
KarinFranklin

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 am

"Dude sat there and smiled."

Going to get him to CF, too, i hope? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lauriel

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:00 am

E, you did 5X3 on the squats Smile
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Sunday Feb 13th   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:42 am

At Chez Lauriel and Jenn, aka - House of Cougie Pain!

Squats
4 x 3
worked up to 155x3. Yay! Lauriel and Jenn were very intent on coaxing me to stay straight... back upright.. don't lean forward as I tend to do on EVERYTHING.

WOD
AMRAP 20 mins
200m run
12 pushups
6 pullups

10 rounds.

Yikes. I certainly worked for my dinner.. while The Dude sat there and smiled. He'll be doing it soon.....
Back to top Go down
cougie

PostSubject: Saturday Feb 12   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:51 am

First - EPSOM SALT BATH. OMG... I woke up and could barely move. Honestly, the bath really helped.

CrossFit Phoenix

Practice Movement on Push Press n Jerks w/PVC

WOD

3 Rounds
10 DL (rx 185. ME? 135#)
50 Doubleunders. Scaled - 50 airsquats

Time was... who knows. I was happy to finish!

Later -walked 1 hour with doggie to make sure legs still worked.

Food Logs

OK.. it's been great logging food. This week I'm going to balance my carbs and fat MUCH better. I don't feel bad right now, I am working out hard and don't feel "off", but I can pay more attention, be more prepared for post-WOD meals, and once and for all, ONLY eat a small handful of nuts with my smoothie.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicSettings.html?_a_Date=1297468800.
Back to top Go down
MsPattyR

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:45 am

fuck im jealous of your pp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAIT..... THAT didnt sound right - LOL!!!! I need to test my 1rm soon. I want 120 badly!!! Wait to hit it girl!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs   Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eileen (Cougie's) Workout Logs
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next